Thread poster: Dusica Cook
Dusica Cook
Dusica Cook
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 20:28
English to Bosnian
+ ...
Jun 24, 2006

OK... rushing as always, but having problems while rushing! Of course - if I didn't need it, I would not have had any problems with it!

The problem:
I started translating, using TRADOS, and it happened with the first translation unit. It gave me the two boxes while translating (green with original and yellow to write in). I did it and when I pressed alt+, to close and go to the next one, it just left the green text - the translated text!

I see no codes (that I am
... See more
OK... rushing as always, but having problems while rushing! Of course - if I didn't need it, I would not have had any problems with it!

The problem:
I started translating, using TRADOS, and it happened with the first translation unit. It gave me the two boxes while translating (green with original and yellow to write in). I did it and when I pressed alt+, to close and go to the next one, it just left the green text - the translated text!

I see no codes (that I am so used to now), no original text (the blue one)... nothing... just the translation!

I guess it is the same as when I had all the tags, two-colour text and the rest, but... I have to ask! I miss my source text! What if I make a mistake and want to find all the source texts related to the mistake?!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

Thanks everyone!
Collapse

Ivana UK
Ivana UK  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:28
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Hi Dusica Jun 24, 2006

On the Word toolbar go to Tools -- Options -- View (and check the "view hidden text" box. This should do the trick!

Ivana

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Display hidden text Jun 24, 2006

Hi Dusica,
This has been covered several times - search this forum for "hidden text".

Make sure the display of all non-printable characters is activated (Tools - Options - Display). This is a standard Word feature.

HTH, Ralf

Dusica Cook
Dusica Cook
Bosnia and Herzegovina
English to Bosnian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks a lot! Jun 24, 2006

i thought it was something like that but was unable to locate it!

thank you both... i solved it!

ps. i knew it must have been somewhere already, but i guess i didn't search well enough!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I have no more source + translated text while working

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »