sabina moscatelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:00
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
Jun 25, 2006

Dear All

I am a satisfied user of SDLX, which I bought a couple of months ago. I have a problem that I am not able to solve:

whenever I create a translation, I have to check the *doc words and make a "find - replace" operation, because it spreads through the text either question marks (?) or some small boxes.

Thanks in advance for yr help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 20:00
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
You have to watch how you type Jun 26, 2006

sabina moscatelli wrote:

Dear All

I am a satisfied user of SDLX, which I bought a couple of months ago. I have a problem that I am not able to solve:

whenever I create a translation, I have to check the *doc words and make a "find - replace" operation, because it spreads through the text either question marks (?) or some small boxes.

Thanks in advance for yr help.

There are some keyboard shortcuts for typing special spaces, which are not mentioned in the program's help.

These are:

If you press [Shift]+[Space] in SDL Edit, you'll type a "thin space" (=
Unicode 0x2009). Similarly, if you press [Ctrl]+[Space], you'll type an "n
space" (= Unicode 0x2002). Finally, [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[Space] will type a
"non-breaking space" (= Unicode 0x00a0).

This is what one SDLX developer says.

I also noticed that if you press the right Alt+space, or left CTRL+ALT+space, you will type an m-space, or wide space, Unicode Unicode 0x2003.

These spaces can cause problems with checking the spelling and results in boxes/question marks in the exported translations.

To display the special spaces while typing in SDL Edit , use the View - White Space option.

HTH

Piotr

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with SDLX - Create translation

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs