https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/50404-tageditor_has_encountered_a_problem_and_needs_to_close.html

TagEditor has encountered a problem and needs to close
Thread poster: Lagom
Lagom
Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:33
Swedish to English
Jun 29, 2006

Everytime that I try to open a file (any format) in TagEditor I get the message 'TagEditor has encountered a problem and needs to close' then I have the option for a report to be sent to Microsoft and then it shuts down.... Help please!!!! Ben.

The content of the error message is:

AppName: tageditor.exe AppVer: 7.1.0.720 ModName: tradosbasis.dll
ModVer: 7.1.0.719 Offset: 00037431

[Edited at 2006-06-29 22:56]

Trufev
Trufev  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 22:33
Member (2007)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Possible solution Jun 30, 2006

Dear Sir,

I had similar problem with my Trados 7 Freelancer and I solved it by reinstalling of my Trados.

Best regards,
Trufev

Lagom
Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:33
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
I have tried reinstalling... Jun 30, 2006

I have tried uninstalling and removing all registry entries for Trados/SDL and then reinstalling but the problem continues.

Apart from automatic Windows updates I have not installed any other software since it last worked without a problem so a conflict is unlikely.

I would really appreciate helpf from anyone who can interpret the error and help me resolve the problem.

Ben

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor has encountered a problem and needs to close

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »