Mobile menu

error 80001 in tag editor
Thread poster: Mary Murata

Mary Murata  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:12
Japanese to English
Jul 6, 2006

Using trados tag editor (build 438) and for no apparent reason trados threw the error 80001, with no explantion except "the server threw an error".
I searched the forums and tried what was suggested, - turn off and reboot PC, - start again further down document away from error - turn on/off "run terminology in background" - but it hasn't solved the problem at all.

I have also tried starting again with the same document under a different name as a "new" file.

Any other ideas??

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Local time: 02:12
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
"server" very probably means TWB Jul 6, 2006

(or maybe MultiTerm). I'd turn off MultiTerm and see what happens... How does TWB behave (with /without MultiTerm)?

Local time: 02:12
English to German
This might be a Japanese-specific issue Jul 6, 2006

This might be related to another Japanese-specific issue:

You could try the following:
- Run the SelfRegister.bat file in the TT subfolder (might have a different name in v. 6.5) or click the Register shortcut in the Trados menu. This will re-register the Trados dlls with the OS
- Try to download the latest Trados update for your version

Sometimes the problem is caused by incorrectly prepared TTX files containing references to non-existing TE INI files or wrong code page/language information. Test TE with other TTX files, if they don't cause any problems, you might have to fix the source files.

Reynel Cuevas Mejía
Local time: 19:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
Solved this way Apr 10, 2012

I went to options/translation memory options/automated translation/ in WB and marked "use default connection settings". That solved the issue. I think it's due to the beta stage.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

error 80001 in tag editor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs