Mobile menu

error 80001 in tag editor
Thread poster: Mary Murata

Mary Murata  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:03
Japanese to English
Jul 6, 2006

Using trados tag editor 6.5.4.438 (build 438) and for no apparent reason trados threw the error 80001, with no explantion except "the server threw an error".
I searched the forums and tried what was suggested, - turn off and reboot PC, - start again further down document away from error - turn on/off "run terminology in background" - but it hasn't solved the problem at all.

I have also tried starting again with the same document under a different name as a "new" file.

Any other ideas??

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 11:03
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
"server" very probably means TWB Jul 6, 2006

(or maybe MultiTerm). I'd turn off MultiTerm and see what happens... How does TWB behave (with /without MultiTerm)?

xxxOlaf
Local time: 11:03
English to German
This might be a Japanese-specific issue Jul 6, 2006

This might be related to another Japanese-specific issue:
http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1192

You could try the following:
- Run the SelfRegister.bat file in the TT subfolder (might have a different name in v. 6.5) or click the Register shortcut in the Trados menu. This will re-register the Trados dlls with the OS
- Try to download the latest Trados update for your version

Sometimes the problem is caused by incorrectly prepared TTX files containing references to non-existing TE INI files or wrong code page/language information. Test TE with other TTX files, if they don't cause any problems, you might have to fix the source files.

Olaf

Reynel Cuevas Mejía
Colombia
Local time: 04:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
Solved this way Apr 10, 2012

I went to options/translation memory options/automated translation/ in WB and marked "use default connection settings". That solved the issue. I think it's due to the beta stage.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

error 80001 in tag editor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs