Thread poster: Constance Mannshardt
Constance Mannshardt
Constance Mannshardt  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 10, 2006

My client asks me to send him translated files cleaned and uncleaned. Having translated a document in TagEditor I tried to clean it up, but it just didn't work. I told him I was having this problem with this specific document and was told to reload the ini-file he sent me for this specific document. I did and clean-up is still not working.
Some ideas?

Windows XP
Word 2003
Trados 7.1.0.719 (build 719)

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 22:43
German
+ ...
More info, please. Jul 10, 2006

You're saying it didn't work. Well, what did it do instead? Were there any messages? There must have been.

Please have a look at the cleanup log file and copy/paste any error messages you find here.

Also, what are the exact steps you took (e.g. you opened the TM in Translator's Workbench, clicked on Tools->Clean Up..., clicked Add... and then Clean Up?)

Thanks,
Benjamin

Constance Mannshardt
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just nothing happended or changed in the document cleaned Jul 10, 2006

Hello Benjamin,
When I said it didn't work, I meant that the document remained uncleaned after having it cleaned supposedly successfully.

I did as I do always: I closed the translated file, opened the clients TM and added the document to be cleaned (Tools->Clean Up..., clicked Add... and then Clean Up).

I tried a hint from my client and was told to reload the specific ini-file, which I was only able to do via TagEditor->Tools->TagSettings and selected the specifi
... See more
Hello Benjamin,
When I said it didn't work, I meant that the document remained uncleaned after having it cleaned supposedly successfully.

I did as I do always: I closed the translated file, opened the clients TM and added the document to be cleaned (Tools->Clean Up..., clicked Add... and then Clean Up).

I tried a hint from my client and was told to reload the specific ini-file, which I was only able to do via TagEditor->Tools->TagSettings and selected the specific ini-file-> OK.
It didn't work either.

Here's the log:

Mon Jul 10 13:19:27 2006
================================================================================

Start Cleanup: Mon Jul 10 13:21:20 2006

Segments Words Chars/Word Placeables
Cleaned 161 1,038 6.85 1
Updated 0 0 0
Total 161 1,038 6.85 1

Cleanup Total (1 file):

Segments Words Chars/Word Placeables
Cleaned 161 1,038 6.85 1
Updated 0 0 0
Total 161 1,038 6.85 1

Cleanup finished successfully without errors!

Mon Jul 10 13:21:22 2006
Collapse

Josefina Pozzi
Josefina Pozzi  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 17:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
clean Jul 10, 2006

try this

Alt+F8 and
Click on tw4wiclean.main
I hope it helps.
Josefina

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
TTX Jul 10, 2006

Thanks for posting the log file. Congratulations, your file was cleaned successfully!

Well, in case you're wondering why the ttx file still contains both languages: It always does. The cleaned file is automatically placed in the same folder right beside the .ttx file, in its original format.

What file format did you receive from your client? InDesign .isc? PageMaker .txt? QuarkXpress .qsc?

B

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Not in TagEditor Jul 10, 2006

Hi Josefina,
jipozzi wrote:

try this

Alt+F8 and
Click on tw4wiclean.main
I hope it helps.
Josefina

tw4WinClean.Main is a Word macro - hence, it will not be available in TagEditor. When recommending this macro (which can be a great problem-solver, particularly when things are urgent), it's always useful to advise people that their TM won't be updated that way.

Best regards,
Ralf

Constance Mannshardt
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
YES! Jul 10, 2006

Of course, Benjamin,
thank you so much! That's the point: original file format: .xml!

And I feel stupid!

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Hooray Jul 11, 2006

Glad I could be of assistance.

Regards,
Benjamin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

clean-up not working in Tag-Editor / .ini-file

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »