Mobile menu

SDL MultiTerm 7 - Cannot export termbase - what am i doing wrong
Thread poster: segment

English to French
Jul 10, 2006

New user here. Want to give client a Word version of his termbase.
I opened termbase (it's the default one). I clicked "Termbase"; selected " Export Entries"; selected "Word Dictionary Export" then clicked on "Process". Entered an "Export file" name - Log file was filled automatically with .log extension; clicked next; wizard processed to 100 p. cent; clicked finished. But all I got in my directory were two files: a useless unopenable xml and a txt file containing only a report of the export (number of terms exported and so on- quite a short report). Where is the export file (containing my terms) per se? Where is the lexicon produced by the export process? I am completely at lost here.
Can anyone help?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-07-11 05:52]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:53
English to German
+ ...
Save the export file as RTF Jul 11, 2006

Hi "segment",
Try saving the export file as .rtf (changing the default .xml extension).

HTH, Ralf

English to French
Merci Ralf! Jul 11, 2006

I had not thought of playing with the extensions. But after a few attempts was able to produce an acceptable Word version. Also, I had not tried opening the xml file with any other application than Netscape (default software for xml files). When I opened them in Excel, they also looked good. Thank you for the hint.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL MultiTerm 7 - Cannot export termbase - what am i doing wrong

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs