SDL MultiTerm 7 - Cannot export termbase - what am i doing wrong
Thread poster: segment
segment
segment
English to French
Jul 10, 2006

New user here. Want to give client a Word version of his termbase.
I opened termbase (it's the default one). I clicked "Termbase"; selected " Export Entries"; selected "Word Dictionary Export" then clicked on "Process". Entered an "Export file" name - Log file was filled automatically with .log extension; clicked next; wizard processed to 100 p. cent; clicked finished. But all I got in my directory were two files: a useless unopenable xml and a txt file containing only a report of the exp
... See more
New user here. Want to give client a Word version of his termbase.
I opened termbase (it's the default one). I clicked "Termbase"; selected " Export Entries"; selected "Word Dictionary Export" then clicked on "Process". Entered an "Export file" name - Log file was filled automatically with .log extension; clicked next; wizard processed to 100 p. cent; clicked finished. But all I got in my directory were two files: a useless unopenable xml and a txt file containing only a report of the export (number of terms exported and so on- quite a short report). Where is the export file (containing my terms) per se? Where is the lexicon produced by the export process? I am completely at lost here.
Can anyone help?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-07-11 05:52]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:23
English to German
+ ...
Save the export file as RTF Jul 11, 2006

Hi "segment",
Try saving the export file as .rtf (changing the default .xml extension).

HTH, Ralf

segment
segment
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Merci Ralf! Jul 11, 2006

I had not thought of playing with the extensions. But after a few attempts was able to produce an acceptable Word version. Also, I had not tried opening the xml file with any other application than Netscape (default software for xml files). When I opened them in Excel, they also looked good. Thank you for the hint.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL MultiTerm 7 - Cannot export termbase - what am i doing wrong

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »