Veronique Boulet
Veronique Boulet
Canada
Local time: 17:46
English to French
+ ...
Jul 11, 2006

Hello,

I am translating a file with Trados 6.0 Freelance, and Trados doesn't want to proceed with one sentence. It says - Previous request not yet finished.

However nothing appears in the Trados window. Now I cannot open any segment. I have tried to create a new TM, I imported the UT to the new TM, I have tried to work with the source text (in case the text I am working with has an error) - but nothing works! What can I do?

Thanks!
Véronique

Jalapeno
Jalapeno
Local time: 23:46
English to German
Welcome to the club ... Jul 12, 2006

Hi Veronique,

this has been discussed before, most recently in this thread:

http://www.proz.com/topic/40683

When I had the same problem a while ago I uninstalled Trados, re-installed it again and deleted normal.dot. Since then, I haven't had the problem again - fingers crossed.

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
Searching......... Jul 15, 2006

Has anyone found a fix for this bug?

I've updated Word and Windows, reinstalled Trados, deleted Normal.dot and still have the same problem.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Mac

I'm using Trados 2006 and Word 2000

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
have you tried a different file? Jul 15, 2006

I've updated Word and Windows, reinstalled Trados, deleted Normal.dot and still have the same problem.

So what if there's something fishy with the file you are working on? Same behaviour with any file? And what about TM, have you tried a different Translation memory?

Jo Macdonald
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
It's doing it with several files Jul 15, 2006

Hi Vito,
Same prob with various docs. Some worse than others.
I've also tried copy/pasting the text into a new rtf, no difference.

Jo Macdonald
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
Tried a different TM Jul 15, 2006

A different TM works, so there must be something corupt with the TM. Any idea how I can find the problem? It's a very big TM.
Thanks.
Jo

Jo Macdonald
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
Might have found a fix Jul 15, 2006

I exported the problematic TM to a text file, created a new TM and imported the text file. Problem looks like it's fixed.
Thanks for the tip Vito.
Mac

Francis Kastalski
Francis Kastalski  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:46
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Yes, it worked Feb 13, 2008

Jo Macdonald wrote:

I exported the problematic TM to a text file, created a new TM and imported the text file.

Dear All,

Based on what Mac said, I simply did the same, without deleting, though, the normal.dot: exported the tm, created a new one and imported it again. It worked!
Thanks soooo much for your help!

Francis

Bram Poldervaart
Bram Poldervaart  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Korean language pack Apr 17, 2008

I tried every thing, but the only thing that helped was donwloading the Korean language pack. A tip by a guy on another forum.

Apparently, some TUs had the code "f55" which is code for the font Gulim, a Korean font.
As the problem reappeared after this apparent fix, I opted not to open the translation unit which caused the problem to appear.

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:46
English to Spanish
Open the document without opening WB and rewrite the sentence. Sep 7, 2008

For those of you still following this thread: I tried everything everyone suggested, to no avail. Importing, exporting, downloading Korean font, I visited other forums and groups...

I opened the document in Word, found the culprit, rewrote the sentence (thus deleting the infamous characters), saved and closed the file, opened WB, and reopened the document. I was able to proceed.

Ugne Vitkute (X)
Ugne Vitkute (X)  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 00:46
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Thank you, Luisa!!! Feb 28, 2009

Luisa Ramos wrote:

For those of you still following this thread: I tried everything everyone suggested, to no avail. Importing, exporting, downloading Korean font, I visited other forums and groups...

I opened the document in Word, found the culprit, rewrote the sentence (thus deleting the infamous characters), saved and closed the file, opened WB, and reopened the document. I was able to proceed.

Everything else failed until I found your tip. It solved the problem! Sometimes the simplest solution is the right one

tazdog (X)
tazdog (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
thanks, Luisa! May 28, 2009

Luisa Ramos wrote:

This worked for me, too. I really appreciate the help!

Andras Kovacs
Andras Kovacs
Hungarian to German
+ ...
Thanks, Luisa! Jul 14, 2009

Yes, Lulisa's tip works 100%! Thank you so much!

"I opened the document in Word, found the culprit, rewrote the sentence (thus deleting the infamous characters), saved and closed the file, opened WB, and reopened the document. I was able to proceed."

Mariëtte van Drunen
Mariëtte van Drunen
Netherlands
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Restarting the computer was all that was needed for me. Sep 2, 2009

For me the problem was solved simply by restarting the computer.

I had the same problem, i.e. I was trying to close and move on to the next segment and I got the error message "Previous request not yet finished".

First, naturally, I tried 'fix document', even multiple times, but to no avail. Then I tried exporting the TM and creating a new one in which I imported the old tm segments, but this also didn't help. I also tried using the new tm to translate from scratch, ju
... See more
For me the problem was solved simply by restarting the computer.

I had the same problem, i.e. I was trying to close and move on to the next segment and I got the error message "Previous request not yet finished".

First, naturally, I tried 'fix document', even multiple times, but to no avail. Then I tried exporting the TM and creating a new one in which I imported the old tm segments, but this also didn't help. I also tried using the new tm to translate from scratch, just in case the file I had been working on had been corrupted while working on it, but that was no good either.

Finally, I just restarted my computer and then I was able to just proceed with the translation of the file I was working on (translating the new file now also works fine).

I don't know what exactly caused the problem, but this was a useful experience: don't try too many difficult solutions before simply restarting your computer. It might just be a glitch in the system.

I hope that all who look up this thread after me, are able to solve the problem quickly and effortlessly.

Good luck!
Collapse

Catherine Reay
Catherine Reay  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
thank you Luisa Aug 18, 2010

Hello,

I was beginning to panic when I came across Luisa's tip just now. My document is full of uneditable images and tables that are driving Trados mad. I closed the doc and WB down, deleted the problematic images from the original (actually a second "original" so I have the true original available as a guide for adding the images again later on). Started translating again and all is well!!

Many thanks,
Katy

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.0 Freelance - "Previous request not yet finished"

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »