Thread poster: Fulya Becer

Fulya Becer  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 07:50
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jul 14, 2006

Hello all,

I am using SDL Trados 2006 and Office XP. On the word document when I press "toggle tag protection", it is giving run-time error 5346. I get used to working with this option ON. But I can not use it now. Any suggestions to overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance

Fulya

[Edited at 2006-07-14 17:14]

[Edited at 2006-07-14 17:19]

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 06:50
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Huh?! Jul 14, 2006

It could just mean, that tw4winmark (and its friends) happen to be misunderstood. But it's just a wild guess. How do the delimiters look like, if you turn the tags display on? How how do the {o> etc look like?

[Edited at 2006-07-14 17:19]

Fulya Becer  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 07:50
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
tags look fine Jul 14, 2006

Tags are OK. Except toggle tag protection all buttons in Trados are working. In fact today I followed an weird installation order. First I uninstall Office 2000, then install Office XP. To make add-ins look correct on Word, I uninstall Trados and install Trados again. I do not know if this might cause this.

Emily Goodpaster
Italian to English
Maybe you can help? Jul 19, 2006

Good morning,

I can't seem to find any thread more closely related to my problem....
The function of 'toggle tag protection ' on TRADOS does not seem to be working (or I did something strange). When I use the P (paragraph) option on the tool bar it only shows or doesn't show the paragraph symbols in the text. It does NOT show or hide original text. So my vision is always with original and translated text and difficult to manage. This function worked perfectly until I went and messed with the toggle tag protection option.Any idea how I can restore the show/HIDE FUNCTION again? As I said, the barred P only toggles 'P' for paragraph and not the original text...(I sure hope that was understandable).....

THANKS!

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Post a new topic? Provide more information Jul 19, 2006

Hi Emily,

I can't seem to find any thread more closely related to my problem....

...in which case you may want to post a new topic.
In any case, it will be helpful to provide details on the software versions you're using.

The function of 'toggle tag protection ' on TRADOS does not seem to be working (or I did something strange). When I use the P (paragraph) option on the tool bar it only shows or doesn't show the paragraph symbols in the text. It does NOT show or hide original text.

Are you referring to the Word function of hiding or displaying hidden text?

Best regards,
Ralf

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
You may be looking at the cleaned text Jul 19, 2006

the barred P only toggles 'P' for paragraph and not the original text...

Maybe there's NO original text anymore to look at in the first place.

Emily Goodpaster
Italian to English
Hide /show button Jul 19, 2006

Exactly, Ralf,the hide /show button on my Word used with Trados-7-worked perfectly until I went and turned on and off the 'Toggle tag protection' and now it doesn't hide the text but displays both original and translated until I 'clean up' the text. The function seems to be disbled but I don't know how. I amm a complete newcomer and don't know anything about the program, so please forgive me...

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Word function - trying to stay on topic... Jul 19, 2006

Hi Emily,

Exactly, Ralf,the hide /show button on my Word used with Trados-7-worked perfectly until I went and turned on and off the 'Toggle tag protection' and now it doesn't hide the text but displays both original and translated until I 'clean up' the text.

I don't think Trados has anything to do with it.
In Word, go to Tools - Options - View - Formatting characters, and disable Hidden text.

(Note that I'm using the German version of Word - the commands may differ in your version.)

I amm a complete newcomer and don't know anything about the program, so please forgive me...

That is no problem at all - what I was trying to point out is that this issue isn't related to the topic posted, so I was hoping for you to post a new topic, as requested...

This isn't about bureaucracy - think about others trying to find information in the forum. Things are much easier to find if we adhere to a minimum structure. Thanks for considering this in the future.

Best regards,
Ralf

Emily Goodpaster
Italian to English
Thanks Jul 20, 2006

It seemed to work-My word is in Italian and I wouldn't have figured it out alone,I thought it was related to Trados.
Thanks, Ralf.

So for beginner info and stupid,embarrassing questiona about Trados, where do I go?

Thamks again,

Emily

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Forum search Jul 20, 2006

Hi again,

So for beginner info and stupid,embarrassing questiona about Trados, where do I go?

I would suggest to use the forum search. If you cannot find what you're looking for, please don't hesitate to post here - but unless your query is directly related to an existing topic, please post a new one.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

toggle tag protection error

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs