Thread poster: Hikmat Faraj
Hikmat Faraj  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:45
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jul 15, 2006

Hello,

I have just joined and I hope I am posting this in the proper place. I have been using TagEditor 7.5.0.756 - (Build 756) in translating PowerPoint presentations from English to Arabic. After saving the target file, I still have to go back and reformat the paragraph orientaion from LTR to RTL.

This is a time consuming process. I have tried to look in the preferences and settings but I have not been able to find a workaround.

Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

Many thanks in advance.

Hikmat

Direct link Reply with quote

Woodstock  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:45
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Have you tried posting this in the "Arabic" forum? Jul 17, 2006

The colleagues there probably know how to solve your problem, if possible. Unfortunately, I can't help further.

By the way, welcome to ProZ! I hope you like it here.

United States
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still working on it Jul 18, 2006

Thanks for the suggestion. I did post it on the Arabic forum. Pending input, I will be working on a way to resolve the issue. If I reach a solution, I will post it here or write it in the form of an article.

And thanks for the friendly welcome. This is indeed a fascinating place. So much to explore. I hope I can make some contributions to the community of translators.

Hikmat

Woodstock wrote:

The colleagues there probably know how to solve your problem, if possible. Unfortunately, I can't help further.

By the way, welcome to ProZ! I hope you like it here.

[Edited at 2006-07-18 14:13]

United States
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unable to customize tags in TagEditor for Powepoint files Jul 19, 2006

Digging through the help files, I navigated to a section which says that if you have opened a ppt file in tageditor, the option to customize tags is disabled. You can only customize tags for non *.ppt files.

I feel that if I find a workaround where I can edit the customization of the tags, I can probably resolve the issue.

Hikmat

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor does not convert paragraph orientation in Powepoint

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs