Thread poster: Hikmat Faraj
Hikmat Faraj  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:38
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jul 15, 2006

Hello,

I have just joined and I hope I am posting this in the proper place. I have been using TagEditor 7.5.0.756 - (Build 756) in translating PowerPoint presentations from English to Arabic. After saving the target file, I still have to go back and reformat the paragraph orientaion from LTR to RTL.

This is a time consuming process. I have tried to look in the preferences and settings but I have not been able to find a workaround.

Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

Many thanks in advance.

Hikmat

Direct link Reply with quote

Woodstock  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:38
German to English
+ ...
Have you tried posting this in the "Arabic" forum? Jul 17, 2006

The colleagues there probably know how to solve your problem, if possible. Unfortunately, I can't help further.

By the way, welcome to ProZ! I hope you like it here.

United States
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still working on it Jul 18, 2006

Thanks for the suggestion. I did post it on the Arabic forum. Pending input, I will be working on a way to resolve the issue. If I reach a solution, I will post it here or write it in the form of an article.

And thanks for the friendly welcome. This is indeed a fascinating place. So much to explore. I hope I can make some contributions to the community of translators.

Hikmat

Woodstock wrote:

The colleagues there probably know how to solve your problem, if possible. Unfortunately, I can't help further.

By the way, welcome to ProZ! I hope you like it here.

[Edited at 2006-07-18 14:13]

United States
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unable to customize tags in TagEditor for Powepoint files Jul 19, 2006

Digging through the help files, I navigated to a section which says that if you have opened a ppt file in tageditor, the option to customize tags is disabled. You can only customize tags for non *.ppt files.

I feel that if I find a workaround where I can edit the customization of the tags, I can probably resolve the issue.

Hikmat

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor does not convert paragraph orientation in Powepoint

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs