Mobile menu

"TW4Win.exe has encountered a problem" (interesting to me)
Thread poster: Serdar Oncu

Serdar Oncu  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:49
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
Jul 18, 2006

I received a translation memory from my customer, but the system suddenly locks up and “TW4Win.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close…” message appears for only several segments in 9206 sw (SDL Trados 2006 Freelance). Interestingly, when I rewrite or paste these segments into a blank document, the same is repeated. I tried the solution mentioned in, but had no success.

I translated these segments without workbench, and then imported the alignment file into the TM before delivery.
There is no problem for my customer.

But I wonder why this problem happens (only in some segments). Does anyone know why it happens? It is pretty interesting to me.

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Dr. Stephan Pietzko  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:49
Member (2002)
English to German
A wild guess... Jul 18, 2006

The tandem Trados and Word is known for showing all sorts of strange behaviour when fonts and/or character sets don't match. That might be something to check in the faulty segments.

But it's just a guess...

[Edited at 2006-07-18 06:05]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"TW4Win.exe has encountered a problem" (interesting to me)

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs