https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/51814-trados_7_still_running_in_demo_mode_help.html

TRADOS 7 still running in demo mode, help!
Thread poster: Dr Sarah Grosvenor
Dr Sarah Grosvenor
Dr Sarah Grosvenor
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:50
German to English
+ ...
Jul 22, 2006

I just installed Trados Freelance 7, and am no in a panic because Im supposed to be working on a job for qhich it was a prerequisite.

The problem is that when I tried to import the translation memory for the job, workbench says the TM is too large for it because it is running in demo mode. But when I installed it, I remember it asked me for the location of licence.lic and installed it, seemingly without any problems. Does anyone know what I need to do so it quits demo mode and star
... See more
I just installed Trados Freelance 7, and am no in a panic because Im supposed to be working on a job for qhich it was a prerequisite.

The problem is that when I tried to import the translation memory for the job, workbench says the TM is too large for it because it is running in demo mode. But when I installed it, I remember it asked me for the location of licence.lic and installed it, seemingly without any problems. Does anyone know what I need to do so it quits demo mode and starts doing some work for me?!

Many thanks in advance

Sarah
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 18:50
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Problems with the TRADOS license Jul 22, 2006

Do the following:

In TWB, open the window Help/About. You should see the license information, icluding your name, the serial no, and the version of the TRADOS software the license is for.

If the system detects no license or the license you specified is not correct, you will see nothing of the sort, just the information, the software is running lin a demo mode.

Click on the license manager. In the windows that opens, you normally see, what the license is f
... See more
Do the following:

In TWB, open the window Help/About. You should see the license information, icluding your name, the serial no, and the version of the TRADOS software the license is for.

If the system detects no license or the license you specified is not correct, you will see nothing of the sort, just the information, the software is running lin a demo mode.

Click on the license manager. In the windows that opens, you normally see, what the license is for. In case of a demo mode, the system does not see any license (or it is outdated). In the "What would you like to do" frame, activate "Change the license location" and click "Go >>". In the following window you can specify where your lic file is to be found. Search for that file and select it, then press the button test. It should tell you, everything is OK.

If you do not come that far, then (the next probable case) you have an outdated license file. If you upgraded, you need to go to the translationzone (or whatever URL you have received in mail, that includes the password etc) and get a new, correct license. Save it on your system and repeat the above procedure.

Let us know, how it went.

All the best

Vito

[Edited at 2006-07-22 13:30]
Collapse

eltorgomania
eltorgomania
Local time: 18:50
English to Arabic
+ ...
Simply restart Windows Jul 22, 2006

I have seen a lot of troubles with that message, but I saw the solution coming with a simple restart.

First apply the license to the program as specified in the answer above. The program will run automatically in the normal mode after restarting Windows. This simple solution works fine with me.
Hope it will with you.

Regards,
Samy

mónica alfonso
mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
Or perhaps the dongle is not properly plugged Jul 22, 2006

(or not working as suppoesd).
This happened to me. I contacted Trados and they helped me solve the issue.
Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS 7 still running in demo mode, help!

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »