Thread poster: Jeremy Smith

Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:28
French to English
+ ...
Jul 28, 2006

Hi,

In the text I'm currently translating (deadline today - how predictably inconvenient), whenever I get to a heading or a sub-heading (eg: article clauses - it's a contract), instead of opening a new segment, Trados appears to fail, and I just get a highlighted pair of curly brackets (in the text - not the regular purple Trados brackets). Upon trying to open the segment, I get this message in Word:

Microsft Visual Basic Run-time error: -2147221040 (800401d0) DataObject: PutInClipboard OpenClipboard Failed

Trados then fails to respond and I have to shut it down from Windows Task Manager.

Any ideas on how to solve the issue? Given that it happens when I come to a heading to be entered in the document table of contents, I imagine the problem might lie with Word rather than Trados, but I'm not sure.

Software details:

Trados 7.5.0.756 (build 756)
Word 2000 (yes I know - I'm upgrading soon)

Thanks very much in advance.

[Edited at 2006-07-28 12:25]

Direct link Reply with quote

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:28
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Tageditor? Jul 29, 2006

Try translating this DOC with Tageditor. It is possible with Trados 7.5.

Looking at the errors, do you have a clipboard extension installed? Such gizmos like to interfere.

HTH

Piotr

Mohamed  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:28
English to Arabic
+ ...
Trados Support May 7, 2007

Hi Jeremy,

Hope this helps

http://www.sdl.com/trados-support-view.htm?cntID=1574

I wonder why Trados does not deal with this, even with the latest release SDL Trados 2007. I am having the same issue with Office 2003.

Mohamed

Winfield Trivette II  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 05:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
Any Solutions to this Problem Aug 21, 2007

Does Workbench 7.0 work with MS Word 2003 or not? Why can't Trados open the clipboard? What am I missing? Thanks for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Run-time error

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs