Source and target text are visible - how can I hide this?
Thread poster: Y. Peraza
Y. Peraza
Y. Peraza
Local time: 09:34
Danish to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 1, 2006

Hi!
I just got TRADOS and I am having some problems.
First, the version I got was supposed to be 7, but when I installed it there was a 5 around... Whatever...
But what worries me the most is that all of a sudden all the changes I make remain in the document, I don´t know how to hide them. I mean, when I translate a sentence, both the original and the translated version are shown. This didn´t happen yesterday. And when I try to paste a sentence here to show you what I mean,
... See more
Hi!
I just got TRADOS and I am having some problems.
First, the version I got was supposed to be 7, but when I installed it there was a 5 around... Whatever...
But what worries me the most is that all of a sudden all the changes I make remain in the document, I don´t know how to hide them. I mean, when I translate a sentence, both the original and the translated version are shown. This didn´t happen yesterday. And when I try to paste a sentence here to show you what I mean, only the translation appears!

Maybe my question is just silly and I should go through the tutorial (I should do it anwyay, I know)... But can anybody help me?

Thanks!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-08-01 20:00]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Works as designed Aug 1, 2006

Hi Yaiza,
The behaviour you're describing works as designed - it's recommended to keep the source text and tags visible during interactive translation.

Search this forum for "hidden text" - this has been discussed on several occasions.

Best regards,
Ralf

Y. Peraza
Y. Peraza
Danish to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Aug 1, 2006

But why did the program begin to show both texts? It was not doing it yesterday.

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Word function Aug 1, 2006

Hi again,
Yaiza Peraza wrote:

But why did the program begin to show both texts? It was not doing it yesterday.

Not sure which program you're referring to - this is a Word function (controlled via Tools - Options - Display).

I have run a forum search for you - check these links:

www.proz.com/post/339439#339439
www.proz.com/post/353117#353117
www.proz.com/post/368960#368960

HTH, Ralf

[Edited at 2006-08-01 20:16]

Y. Peraza
Y. Peraza
Danish to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you indeed. Aug 1, 2006

Vauwe
Vauwe
English to German
+ ...
Proz.com enhancements Aug 1, 2006

Could we please have the answers to questions like 'My Trados toolbar disappeared', 'Trados doesn't show the source text', Trados does show the source text' and the like on top of the start page in great big red letters? It seems that users can't find the answers in the proz.com archives and are forced to ask the same questions over and over again.

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Helping those who are new to the forum Aug 1, 2006

Hi Vauwe,
Vauwe wrote:

Could we please have the answers to questions like 'My Trados toolbar disappeared', 'Trados doesn't show the source text', Trados does show the source text' and the like on top of the start page in great big red letters? It seems that users can't find the answers in the proz.com archives and are forced to ask the same questions over and over again.

I don't think the problem is that uses cannot find previous postings - it's just that they're often new to the forum (and probably unfamiliar with the search function) and/or under stress because they cannot figure out what's happening.

There's a message shown in a red box when posting a new topic, requesting posters to include information on the software versions they're using. Doesn't seem to make a difference, though.

I will propose to add a suggestion to use the forum search.

Best regards,
Ralf

Vauwe
Vauwe
English to German
+ ...
Sorry, I know I was mean Aug 2, 2006

I apologise

Vauwe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Source and target text are visible - how can I hide this?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »