Thread poster: jfabre

jfabre  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:23
Member (2013)
German to French
+ ...
Aug 2, 2006

Hi erverybody,

I'm trying to import a tmx file created by Across (which I'am trying at the moment) into Trados. Trados does read the TUs and tells me how many TUs it finds. But then says: 0 updated, 0 added. And indeed, the TUs are not imported, just read...

Any suggestions?

Trados version: Translator's Workbench
Across version: Across V3.10.16

Tanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Robert Tucker
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:23
German to English
+ ...
TMX Validator Aug 2, 2006

The last time I heard about Trados not importing a TMX it was because one of the language codes was non-standard (en_UK rather than en_GB or just en).

The Heartsome TMX validator is available for free at:

and will check language codes and other matters.

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
English to Swedish
+ ...
What version is the TMX file? Aug 2, 2006

The most probable reson is the language codes, so I agree that it's good to veryfy the file first.

I don't have the specs in front of me, but maybe you should check also which TMX varieties your Trados supports, since you're running an oldish version (6.0).

I know that Trados 7.0 can import anything format between TMX 1.0 until TMX 1.4b. Maybe 6.0 won't support the most recent specs, so one alternative would ask your contact with the Across software to save in an older TMX format.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Moved the topic... Aug 7, 2006

to SDL Trados Support forum.
Please use this forum for all Trados related questions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing tmx files into Trados

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs