https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/53168-tageditor_70_korean_fonts_please_help.html

TagEditor 7.0 Korean Fonts - Please Help
Thread poster: KorTranz
KorTranz
KorTranz  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:06
English to Korean
+ ...
Aug 12, 2006

I am using TagEditor 7.0. I can view and type Korean on TagEditor with no problems, but when it recognizes the TM, it pops up all broken Korean fonts. I tried checking Tools>Options>Default source language>Korean (Korea), but it didn't solve the probelm. I am currently working from EN>KO. Can you please help me?

Vauwe
Vauwe
Local time: 06:06
English to German
+ ...
Fonts Aug 13, 2006

Could it be a question of fonts? Maybe you need special true type Korean fonts. Just a guess.

Robert Tucker (X)
Robert Tucker (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:06
German to English
+ ...
Encoding Aug 13, 2006

It sounds like an encoding problem to me.

Check the encoding of the file Trados is trying to read (UTF-8, UTF-16, ISO-2022-KR, EUC-KR etc) and find out what encoding Trados is expecting it to be.

I seem to have had the idea that Trados would only work with the TM in UTF-16 encoding at one time, but I don't work with Trados and couldn't say what the current situation might be nor how you might go about changing any setting in Trados.

[Edited at 2006-08-13 10:00]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor 7.0 Korean Fonts - Please Help

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »