Thread poster: Roomy Naqvy
Roomy Naqvy
Roomy Naqvy  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 20:36
English to Hindi
+ ...
Aug 13, 2006

I have MS Office Professional Edn 2003 and when I try to install the Trados 7 in the Demo Mode, after the installation, when I try to open Word, it refuses to open and it crashes and the message I get is:

Word experienced a serious error the last time the add-in trados7.dot was opened. Would you like to disable this add-in?

Why does this happen? Any help please?

Roomy

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:06
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Which Trados do you install? Aug 13, 2006

The latest SDL Trados 2006?
I do not encounter any such problems, so it is a bit strange that you have problems.

Please try the following:
Go to c:\documents and settings\curent user\application data\word\startup (this is the usual path, if you did change it, look there) and delete the Trados7.dot template from there. Now start Word - it should start without any problem.
Close it, go to Trados installation folder and copy the Trados7.dot template from there into Wo
... See more
The latest SDL Trados 2006?
I do not encounter any such problems, so it is a bit strange that you have problems.

Please try the following:
Go to c:\documents and settings\curent user\application data\word\startup (this is the usual path, if you did change it, look there) and delete the Trados7.dot template from there. Now start Word - it should start without any problem.
Close it, go to Trados installation folder and copy the Trados7.dot template from there into Word startup folder.
Start Word again - if you encounter problems, than there must be some incompatibility between ypur Word version and Trados.
Do you have VBA installed? AFAIK this is necessary for Trados.

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 installation problems

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »