Missing termbases -- file location problem?
Thread poster: CELC Inc
CELC Inc
CELC Inc
Local time: 00:40
Japanese to English
+ ...
Aug 18, 2006

MultiTerm 7.0.1.320
Win XP Pro (Japanese)

C: drive recently failed and required reformatting. Fortunately, all work-related data backed up on D:, including Trados TMs and TBs.

Reinstalled everything, and opened MultiTerm. Used "Load External Termbase" option to access backed up TBs. It is probably important to note that I had used the "Load External" command previously when updgrading to SDL Trados 7.

I was shocked to discover that only one had bee
... See more
MultiTerm 7.0.1.320
Win XP Pro (Japanese)

C: drive recently failed and required reformatting. Fortunately, all work-related data backed up on D:, including Trados TMs and TBs.

Reinstalled everything, and opened MultiTerm. Used "Load External Termbase" option to access backed up TBs. It is probably important to note that I had used the "Load External" command previously when updgrading to SDL Trados 7.

I was shocked to discover that only one had been updated in the past six months. I know this is not true, since I've been using at least two of the others quite heavily in the past several months, and recall having made changes to several others during the same period. With trepidation, I opened the mysteriously non-updated TBs, hoping this was some weird trick MT was playing with dates rather than my livelihood. I was wrong.

So my question is, what happened to a half year of terminology? Are the TBs saved by default somewhere else on disk after being loaded externally? If so, where is this? I can laugh this off once, but I'd prefer not to repeat it.

Any help would be great. Thanks
Collapse

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:40
Swedish to English
+ ...
MTMaster.mdb Aug 18, 2006

This is only a guess, but have you investigated MTMaster.mdb, the MT database that specifies where your TBs are located? This will not solve your problem, but may point you in the right dirrection. This assumes however that you have an up-to-date version of that file on D:.

If you have MS Access, you can load that file and see where MT is looking for the various TBs.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Missing termbases -- file location problem?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »