Cannot create an .itd file from Powerpoint
Thread poster: Hang Nguyen-Padfield
Hang Nguyen-Padfield  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:09
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Aug 21, 2006

I am having some problem with creating an .itd SDLX file from Powerpoint. I got an error message, "Compile error in hidden module: modExport". Could you please help? I am using SDLX 5.

Thank you in advance.

[Edited at 2006-08-21 21:13]

Direct link Reply with quote
Rosana Fiore  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:09
English to Spanish
Cannot create an .itd file from Powerpoint Sep 10, 2008

Hi, Hang Nguyen-Padfield
A few years ago you posted this query on the forum (unable to create itd out of ppt files). I cannot seem to find an answer, and I am now experiencing the same issue. "Compile error in hidden module: ModExport". SDL support team have said to purchase their Support Service, but I actually need to sort this out as soon as I possibly can. Would you have any idea/Could you point me in the right direction so as to solve it? Here's hoping... Rosana

Patricia Acosta  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:09
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
"Compile error" in Word Oct 19, 2009

Hi there:

I've just installed Trados Studio 2009, and have the same "compile error" problem you mention, but in Word. That error message pops up every time I open or close a document.

I've tried to implement the solution that is posted in the SDL KB, namely Delete the file in the Templates Section of the Microsoft Application Data folder, but with no success. I've rebooted my computer after deleting and still get the same error message. Has anyone found a solution for this?

I am using Windows XP with Trados Studio 2009 and Multiterm 8.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot create an .itd file from Powerpoint

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs