https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/53744-indesign_%2Axml_in_tageditor.html

Indesign *.xml in TagEditor
Thread poster: Bjørnar Magnussen
Bjørnar Magnussen
Bjørnar Magnussen  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:30
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Aug 21, 2006

I have received an .xml file created in Indesign. When I open it in TagEditor, some of the spaces (that I see when opening the file in a browser) are missing.

When trying to open the file in Word (encoding: Unicode), I can also see the spaces. They have the style: Plain text + MS Mincho. The rest of the text (that I see in TagEditor) have the style: Plain text.

The client has sent me a new file which is a TradosTag document. However, the same problem persists.
... See more
I have received an .xml file created in Indesign. When I open it in TagEditor, some of the spaces (that I see when opening the file in a browser) are missing.

When trying to open the file in Word (encoding: Unicode), I can also see the spaces. They have the style: Plain text + MS Mincho. The rest of the text (that I see in TagEditor) have the style: Plain text.

The client has sent me a new file which is a TradosTag document. However, the same problem persists.

Version: Trados 6.5.5.438
Collapse

Vauwe
Vauwe
English to German
+ ...
TTX Aug 23, 2006

Normally, Indesign files are converted with StoryCollector to ttx files that you can edit in TagEditor. I don't what procedure your customer carried out to convert Indesign to an xml file.

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
INX or ISC format Sep 4, 2006

Hi!

Your file should have the ending .INX (from InDesign CS2) or .ISC (InDesign CS1), to be able to re-import into InDesign afterwards.

If your client sent you an .xml, they probably don't know what they're doing.

Ask them for either of the above formats instead.

/Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Indesign *.xml in TagEditor

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »