https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/53958-cant_open_an_existing_tm.html

Can't open an existing TM
Thread poster: Mara Ballarini
Mara Ballarini
Mara Ballarini  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 16:32
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 24, 2006

Hi everyone!
I've been using trados for a very short time, just bought it a couple of weeks ago, version 2006. All seemed to be ok. Now I should be doing a translation , I received a TM for. I've been sent all the needed files and saved them in the same folder. When I set it up and try to open it, it says it's impossible. If I try and open the .tmw file directly from the folder it says an error occured while trying to verify the license, but I'm sure the license location is correct. Is the
... See more
Hi everyone!
I've been using trados for a very short time, just bought it a couple of weeks ago, version 2006. All seemed to be ok. Now I should be doing a translation , I received a TM for. I've been sent all the needed files and saved them in the same folder. When I set it up and try to open it, it says it's impossible. If I try and open the .tmw file directly from the folder it says an error occured while trying to verify the license, but I'm sure the license location is correct. Is there anything else I should do? I'm going crazy!!
Thank you for any help / suggestions.
Mara
Collapse

LucM
LucM
Local time: 08:32
English to French
Possible suggestion Aug 24, 2006

You say that you are new to Trados. Here a few suggestions to solve your problem. Have you already been able to open another TM? Have you selected the languages of this specific TM when you installed Trados? Have you installed thedongle driver (if you have a dongl and if this step is required)?
You may also have this problem if you try to open a TM while another one is already opened.
Hope this helps a bit!

Ines Garcia Botana
Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hi Aug 25, 2006

Did you import the memory into your Workbench?

Can you provide more details?

Inés

Mara Ballarini
Australia
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
it doesn't let me import .tmw files Aug 25, 2006

Hello Ines,

I tried to do it, because last time I did it importing a txt file and it was successful. So I've created a new tm and clicked on import, but it doesn't give me the possibility to import my file, because it doesn't show me any .tmw files at all.

What should the normal procedure be when you receive a tm with all related files? Save them together into one folder, open workbench and open the tm? or am I missing any steps??

Thanks a lot Ines
... See more
Hello Ines,

I tried to do it, because last time I did it importing a txt file and it was successful. So I've created a new tm and clicked on import, but it doesn't give me the possibility to import my file, because it doesn't show me any .tmw files at all.

What should the normal procedure be when you receive a tm with all related files? Save them together into one folder, open workbench and open the tm? or am I missing any steps??

Thanks a lot Ines

Mara
Collapse

Mara Ballarini
Australia
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
done it. thank you both. Aug 25, 2006

Thank you both very much for your support. It's worked!

Have a good day and thanks again!

Mara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't open an existing TM

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »