Mobile menu

Can't import entries into MultiTerm
Thread poster: isoyo
isoyo  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:37
English to Japanese
Aug 28, 2006

I've tried and tried and tried. I just can't create a new termbase with entries!! Please help me on this.

It seems like I can use MultiTerm Convert fine because, after using it to convert an excel file into xml, I see a confirmation of entries done successfully. Then, at the next step, I create a termbase and then import the xml, but the result is always the same: termbase with 0 entry.

I just want to create a very simple termbase; in fact, my data on the excel contains only 2 columns for English&Japanese terms. I don't want to add any detailed information such as source, example, context, definition, etc.

What do you think I'm doing wrong?

Direct link Reply with quote

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:37
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Suggestion Aug 28, 2006

A common reason is language codes. Have a look at

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:37
English to German
+ ...
Termbase definition Aug 28, 2006

Which termbase definition (.xdt) did you use - the one created during the conversion process?

Best, Ralf

isoyo  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:37
English to Japanese
Guys, thanks for taking your time to help me out. Aug 28, 2006

What I did is to fix my excel file: remove blanks and make sure the first row--English and Japanese. Thanks, Peter.

Ralf, yes, I did use the one created during the conversion process.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't import entries into MultiTerm

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs