Mobile menu

Can't import entries into MultiTerm
Thread poster: isoyo
isoyo  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:48
English to Japanese
Aug 28, 2006

I've tried and tried and tried. I just can't create a new termbase with entries!! Please help me on this.

It seems like I can use MultiTerm Convert fine because, after using it to convert an excel file into xml, I see a confirmation of entries done successfully. Then, at the next step, I create a termbase and then import the xml, but the result is always the same: termbase with 0 entry.

I just want to create a very simple termbase; in fact, my data on the excel contains only 2 columns for English&Japanese terms. I don't want to add any detailed information such as source, example, context, definition, etc.

What do you think I'm doing wrong?

Direct link Reply with quote

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:48
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Suggestion Aug 28, 2006

A common reason is language codes. Have a look at
http://www.proz.com/topic/53902

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:48
English to German
+ ...
Termbase definition Aug 28, 2006

Hi,
Which termbase definition (.xdt) did you use - the one created during the conversion process?

Best, Ralf

isoyo  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:48
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Guys, thanks for taking your time to help me out. Aug 28, 2006

What I did is to fix my excel file: remove blanks and make sure the first row--English and Japanese. Thanks, Peter.

Ralf, yes, I did use the one created during the conversion process.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't import entries into MultiTerm

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs