SLD TRADOS 2006 v. 7.5.0 => Unable to download
Thread poster: José Salkeld

José Salkeld
Local time: 23:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 1, 2006

Dear Colleagues-

I've now tried twice to download TRADOS 2006 Freelance Inst version 7.5.0 but keep getting an error message apparently coming from my computer:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT
The file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose "Close" to terminate the application.

Would anyone out there be able to shed some light on what it might be going wrong and kindly offer advice to find a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Suzanne Blangsted  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:25
Danish to English
+ ...
SDL Trados Sep 1, 2006

I had problems also. I wanted to download and open from my PC, but it just didn't work out, so I ran the installer from "their site" by not saving it - just clicked on "run". I am still having a lot of problems and wish I could get my money back and "just" stay with the Trados I had before.

I hope you can get the download and then tell me how it works by contacting me directly.

I removed the program and reinstalled it now twice, but things just are not going right. I am about to give up and "swallow" the money I spent.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SLD TRADOS 2006 v. 7.5.0 => Unable to download

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs