Mobile menu

Trados problem in Word: "Please wait while Windows configures SDL Trados 2006 Freelance"
Thread poster: Marion Lurf

Marion Lurf  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:36
English to German
+ ...
Sep 4, 2006

Dear all,

I recently reinstalled my OS (Windows XP) and thus also had to reinstall all my programs. Now, every time I open MS Word or a Word document, I get a small window with a status bar saying "Please wait while Windows configures SDL Trados 2006 Freelance", which pops up about 5 times and then disappears. Afterwards Word and Trados work just like they used to in the past. This window pops up irrespective of whether Workbench is running or not.

There were some problems while installing Trados, after installing the MS .NET Framework the computer rebooted but then did not proceed to install Trados, so after waiting for about 45 minutes I decided to cancel the installation process. My second attempt worked fine though, without a reboot because the .NET Framework was already installed. But afterwards those windows started popping up... (TagEditor and Multiterm are fine, by the way)

I already tried reinstalling Trados *again*, to no avail, and then I even uninstalled the .NET Framework and installed everything again, but this was of no use either.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem and found a solution? I would probably need to format my HD and do everything all over again, but for this I simply don't have the time at the moment, so I would be glad if there was a quicker way. It is just annoying to always wait for about 30 seconds until I can use Word.

Any help appreciated!

Here are my specs:
Windows XP with SP 2 (Home Edition, German)
Office XP (Professional, German)
SDL Trados 2006 Freelance, version 7.x (TWB is version

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados problem in Word: "Please wait while Windows configures SDL Trados 2006 Freelance"

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs