Anaviva  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:22
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 6, 2006

Hi everyone

I bought TRADOS 5.5 Freelance through the Translator Group Buying scheme several years ago. My dongle has just died on me today. I called SDL who told me that they don't support 5.5 and cleverly offered to sell me an upgrade. I really don't want to upgrade as I don't used TRADOS very often, but as fate would have it, I'm working on a TRADOS project right now. Does anyone know how I can get round having to upgrade?

Thanks

Ana

Direct link Reply with quote

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Buy a dongle second-hand?! Sep 6, 2006

Hi Ana,

You can look for a 5.5-dongle from another translator, that maybe moved on to another CAT tool or version.

I haven't found any "garage sale" forum here on Proz, but I think that's a good idea for the future. Was this ever suggested before?!

/Jan

[Edited at 2006-09-06 10:09]

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Exchange section Sep 6, 2006

Hi Jan,

I haven't found any "garage sale" forum here on Proz, but I think that's a good idea for the future. Was this ever suggested before?!

Have a look at the Exchange section.

Best, Ralf

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Never noticed Exchange! Sep 7, 2006

Hey Ralf, that's neat!

I never noticed this section before.

I guess the title "Exchange" was so vague that when I flipped through the site, I took for granted that it was something boring/useless, and not an actual buy/sell/swap area!

Maybe the moderators should consider a more direct name, or find other ways to promote this area (explanatory banners on the welcome page or similar)?!

/Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 5.5 Freelance dongle problem

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search