SDL Customer Center forgot my login data
Thread poster: Maciej Pomorski
Maciej Pomorski  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:32
Member (2005)
German to Polish
+ ...
Sep 13, 2006

I updated my Trados FL 6.5.5 to Trados SDL 2006 in May this year. I downloaded the program but didn't install SDLX because I thought I wouldn't need it.

Now it turned out that I need SDLX to proceed with a job. I tried to login to my account at SDL, but the system doesn't recognise me. Not even the "forgot e-mail" feature works, because the system doesn't know my email address anymore.

I always thought that I might download Trados whenever I want. Or maybe there is some deadline (e.g. 3 months) until which you have to download the software, and then it's over?

Please help, the customer is waiting and I can't do the job. Thanks in advance, Maciej.

Direct link Reply with quote

Gisela Murdter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:32
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
e-mail or call their sales department Sep 13, 2006

I had a similar problem and e-mailed the customer/sales department, which responded promptly and rectified the issue for me. Turned out that I had changed my e-mail address and other details on the website - but for some reason it didn't reach the area of my account from where I wanted to download Multiterm. Hope they sort this out for you quickly so you can meet your deadline.

Balaban Cerit  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:32
English to Turkish
+ ...
solved a similar problem recently Sep 14, 2006

Hi Maciej,

There is no deadline for downloading Trados. The problem you mention might be related to a database rearrangement in SDL (they call it as "migrating your details from the Trados Customer Center").

I solved a similar problem recently by chance. I had bought and installed Trados SDL 2006 in May this year like you. However, when I recently had to format my hard disk, I went to the address as mentioned on the inital e-mail from SDL:

I too tried to login to my account , but the system didn't recognise me. And not even the "forgot e-mail" feature worked, because the system didn't know my e-mail address.

Then I tried the "New Customers and Existing Trados Customer Center Users" section on the right of the screen and entered my e-mail there. I don't remember exactly but either immediately on the following screen (or after the same "forgotten e-mail problem" and one screen later - so you might have to try different things too here), the system said that my e-mail address was found somewhere else and that they had to "migrate my details from the Trados Customer Center" to the new SDL database. The system asked me to confirm and after that sent me an e-mail with a new password. I was able to login to my account with that password.

By the way, when you login to SDL this way, you will see a note saying that "You have no licenses" but when you click on the link "Access your softkey licenses and product downloads" near the top of the page, you will go to a page where you will be able to download your SDL Trados products.

I hope this will help you to solve your problem.

[Edited at 2006-09-14 04:44]

Maciej Pomorski  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:32
Member (2005)
German to Polish
+ ...
Thank you Balaban Sep 14, 2006

Thanks for help, it really worked!

I think SDL should take their clients more seriously and inform them about the problem on the login site.

But it's nothing new - I reported a problem and asked for solution 2 years ago and still haven'g got any reply!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Customer Center forgot my login data

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs