Mobile menu

Problems importing .xtg Greek text into Qaurk 6.5 Mac
Thread poster: xxxMBrink
Local time: 23:22
French to Greek
Sep 15, 2006

I am preparing English source text for translation into different languages. one of the languages is Greek. I am using Copyflow Gold for Quark 6.5 and I am exporting one .xtg file containing all stories. This .xtg file is then converted to RTF by ITP Filter pack so that the translators can start working on the file. Once the RTF file is fully translated the RTF file is converted back in a .xtg using ITP filter pack.

My issue arises when I import the Greek .xtg file back into Quark 6 using copyflow Gold the majority of the characters are corrupt and nothing I do can fix this. Is there any solutions out there or a better process?

Currently I have to strip all tags from the RTFs & manually cut & paste the 180 pages of Greek in the Quark file.

THis is an on going problem and I'm unfortunately not a Trados export. Any ides let me know & thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 00:22
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
ITP filter pack is very old Sep 15, 2006

ITP filter pack is very old and maybe it didn't convert the file coding correct.

Try the TagEditor for the translation. We didn't have notice problems with TagEditor, Greek an WxP 6.5.

Maybe you didn't use a font with greek chars in QXP ?

Try to insert some sente4nces manually in QxP.

With kind regards

Local time: 17:22
Trados supports XTG files Sep 25, 2006

I have used CopyFlow Gold and Quark 6.5 Mac to export the XTG files as well. We just give the translators the XTG, they can open it right up in Tag Editor, or we run it through the TM first and get the Filename.XTG.TTX. Once it is translated and cleaned up with Translators Workbench it, of course, goes back to XTG and can be reimported back into Quark.

If you have problems with characters looking corrupt, check the TTX file and make sure it has Mac encoding. You can check this by either right-clicking it and showing the TradosTAG properties, or by opening it in Tag Editor and going to File > Properties.

If it has been changed to Windows-1252 let me know and I will continue about how to change it back to Mac encoding.

Finally, the font has to be a Greek font such as GrHelvetica, but I'm sure you knew that.

There is no reason you should have to cut and paste 180 pages of text into Quark!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems importing .xtg Greek text into Qaurk 6.5 Mac

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs