Mobile menu

TRADOS Installation
Thread poster: lylaelia

South Korea
Local time: 16:03
English to Korean
+ ...
Sep 17, 2006

I just got a new laptop and happened to install Trados 6.5 first THEN Microsoft Office 2003 . And no matter how I tried, this Trados bar just doesn't come up in a word file.

Did anyone install Trados first and Microsoft Office later? If so, how did you incorporate Trados into Office?

Thank you very much in advance for your response.

[Edited at 2006-09-17 19:09]

[Edited at 2006-09-17 19:20]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:33
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Copy the Trados template from Trados installation folder to Word startup folder Sep 17, 2006

Close Word
Go to Trados installation folder (for SDL Trados 2006: C:\Program Files\SDL International\T2006_FL\TT\Templates) and copy the to Word startup folder (usually: C:\Documents and Settings\Apllication Data\Microsoft\Word\Startup)
Now restart Word and the tool bar should be present

South Korea
Local time: 16:03
English to Korean
+ ...
It works! YAY!!! Sep 17, 2006

Hi Jerzy,

Thank you so very much for your prompt reply and detailed explanation. I have Trados 6.5, not 7, but it worked just the same way you instructed.

You literally saved my life as a translator who has an extremely urgent job to hand in by Monday morning.

'Gamsa-hamnida' ("Thank you " in Korean), Jerzy, and wish you a wonderful week ahead!

Lots of cheers from Seoul,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS Installation

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs