Mobile menu

Wrong (modified) user ID in segments (Workbench 5.5)
Thread poster: gilkain
gilkain
Local time: 19:08
English to French
+ ...
Sep 18, 2006

Some of my users recently informed me that when they translate documents, the user ID which appear on the segments is wrong.
This happens for instance when a translator finds a good segment in the memory, uses it but changes one or two words. The original segment then changes owner.
Any idea ?

Direct link Reply with quote

tvtruc
Vietnam
Local time: 01:08
English to Vietnamese
Check if your TM "Allow Mutiple Translations" Sep 18, 2006

gilkain wrote:

Some of my users recently informed me that when they translate documents, the user ID which appear on the segments is wrong.
This happens for instance when a translator finds a good segment in the memory, uses it but changes one or two words. The original segment then changes owner.
Any idea ?

Check if your TM "Allow Mutiple Translations".

If yes, maybe when new user change translation for known segment, it will create a new translation for the same source in new user name. This is just my guess.

BETA TRANSLATE
France
Local time: 15:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
copy source Sep 18, 2006

My suggestion is the following one:

In order to avoid making mistakes whenever I have to translate either a name or a long number such as ID's, I click "copy source".

In my version it is the arrow between "restore source" and Set/close next open/get".

I hope this will help

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wrong (modified) user ID in segments (Workbench 5.5)

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs