Mobile menu

Help urgent SDLX won't start
Thread poster: Muriel Louchart

Muriel Louchart
France
Local time: 06:28
English to French
Sep 18, 2006

I am in the window Start Translation with SDLX. When I click on the SDLX button on bottom left hand the window disappears and there is no more window for me to use the different features of SDLX
I have a 3000 words to complete for tonight so your immediate help would be much appreciated.
what's wrong?

Direct link Reply with quote

Geneviève von Levetzow  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
French to German
+ ...
Translate with... Sep 18, 2006

Muriel,

You can select the file and Translate with SDLX.

Or go in the folder with the SDLX Programm and select the feature you want.

Geneviève:)

Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check the system tray Sep 18, 2006

Hi Muriel,

If you minimized the SDLX switchboard when you last used it, it will not be displayed when you start the programm the next time.

Instead, a little golden globe will be added to the system tray (at the right of your task bar). When you double-click on this globe the SDLX switchboard will be displayed again and you can select the module that you want to use.

Alternatively, you can right-click on the globe in the system tray and select the option you need in the menu that is displayed.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Claudia

Anjo Sterringa  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Do you mean the SDLX Icon in task bar? Sep 18, 2006

I am not sure what you mean by Start Translation window.

If you mean the SDLX icon on the bottom left of your screen(Windows task bar next to START): if you click on it, it 'activates' itself and reappears on the bottom right of the Windows task bar. If you click on that one, the SDLX menu appears on your screen.

This happened to me in the 2006 version and I do not know why - I used to have a shortcut but this one installed differently.

Once the SDLX menu appears and you click on "Edit" to open your translation things should be OK.

I hope you managed to solve this in the meantime! If this is not what you meant, you can also go to the support site and check the FAQ. If you ask a question you may have a quick reply if you state it is urgent!
http://sdl.custhelp.com/

Good luck!

Anjo

Muriel Louchart
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much Sep 18, 2006

Claudia
you are an angel and you ve just saved my life
How stupid I am !!!
So stressed and tired
I was dowloading the programme again
thank you also to Geneviève

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:28
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
An old solution still a saver Sep 25, 2010

Claudia Digel wrote:

Hi Muriel,

If you minimized the SDLX switchboard when you last used it, it will not be displayed when you start the programm the next time.

Instead, a little golden globe will be added to the system tray (at the right of your task bar). When you double-click on this globe the SDLX switchboard will be displayed again and you can select the module that you want to use.

Alternatively, you can right-click on the globe in the system tray and select the option you need in the menu that is displayed.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Claudia

Who would have thought? An answer four years old and still a saver. Thanks, I was going nuts. I found it right there, however, once I clicked on it, it disappeared from the system tray and it is back to normal.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help urgent SDLX won't start

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs