Britta Schlagheck
Britta Schlagheck  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:52
Spanish to German
+ ...
Sep 18, 2006

Hello everybody,

for quite a while now, I have been asking myself if I need a new license to update Trados 6.5 to 7.0. Is there anybody who can answer my question?

Regards,

Britta.

[Editado a las 2006-09-18 13:20]

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
In memoriam
Yes, you do Sep 18, 2006

Hi Britta,

You will need a new licence, which Trados will make available via the Customer Center:

https://www.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/default.asp

with your email address and the password you received from Trados. You'll need to click on the red "License Keys" link on the product download page.

Cheers,

Giles

Britta Schlagheck
Britta Schlagheck  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Sep 18, 2006

Thank you for helping me, Giles!!

Regards,

Britta.

heikeb
heikeb  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 04:52
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
6.5 license Sep 18, 2006

Actually, for the upgrade from 6.5 to 7, you just keep using your old license, if I remember correctly.

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
In memoriam
Trados licences Sep 18, 2006

Hi Heike,

AFAIR, the version 6.5 licence is not valid for version 7 (I have two licences in separate folders: admittedly, I've never tried to used 7 with my 6.5 licence), which was the first "SDL Trados" release. The 7.0 licence works with 7.5, though.

If Britta needs more information about her upgrade, she could write to: [email protected]

Cheers,

Giles

heikeb
heikeb  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 04:52
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Mix-up Sep 18, 2006

Giles Watson wrote:

Hi Heike,

AFAIR, the version 6.5 licence is not valid for version 7 (I have two licences in separate folders: admittedly, I've never tried to used 7 with my 6.5 licence), which was the first "SDL Trados" release. The 7.0 licence works with 7.5, though.

If Britta needs more information about her upgrade, she could write to: [email protected]

Cheers,

Giles

I probably mixed up 7>7.5 with 6.5>7.0. Mea culpa!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

License for an update

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »