Thread poster: Anne Lee

Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:46
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Sep 20, 2006

Just want to share my positive experience so far of the SDL Trados 2006 accreditation system. After upgrading to SDL Trados 2006, I took the multiple-choice exam on the SDL Trados website and was placed at 'intermediate' level. I'm an experienced SLDX user but have struggled with Trados so far, finding it much too complicated. However, after reading the course notes and watching all the tutorials supplied with the programme, I was well prepared for the 3-hour web-based training course (involving approximately 7 participants, a trainer, a shared screen and a telephone connection) and finally feel confident to use a greater proportion of the many features in Trados. Booking the course gave me an incentive to go through the tutorials and I have learned a great deal. I can recommend it.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:46
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
May I invite you to our Trados training on November 12 in Edinburgh, after the Conference? Sep 20, 2006

Finally, you are one of the initiators of this.
It took me a very long time to get the idea through, but the idea was born in Oxford 2004, as we discussed on CATs, and you have proposed, that ProZ should organize such trainings, run by colleagues.

Thank you for your idea - it is now filled with life

Kind regards
Jezy

Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:46
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
a brilliant idea indeed Sep 20, 2006

Really wish that I could come, but the proz.com conference coincides with the birthday of one of my children and even if I can come, I wouldn't be able to stay until Monday. It's a shame, because the Oxford conference was great and I would like to meet up with more colleagues face to face. Yes, I remember suggesting the Trados training. It must be a logistical nightmare to organise but affordable training by colleagues with in-depth knowledge must be on many other people's wish list. Edinburgh is a fantastic place, as well. I even used to live there once. If I can see a chance to come after all, I certainly will.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:46
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The efforts of Katharina and Rebekka are greatly appreciated Sep 20, 2006

Without them and without ProZ this idea would never come true.

Hoping to see you somwhere again.
Best
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Benefit of buying SDL Trados 2006 training

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs