https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/55802-trados_70_how_to_configure_to_show_only_translated_text.html

Trados 7.0 - How to configure to show only translated text
Thread poster: Ana Brassara
Ana Brassara
Ana Brassara  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 21, 2006

I have Trados 7.0 and as I translate, the program shows both the original and the translated text (bilingual).
How can I configure the program so that it only shows the translated text as I translate it?

Thanks.

Terje Ostgaard
Terje Ostgaard  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:45
Portuguese to English
+ ...
You fix this in Word Sep 21, 2006

Hi Anita,

On your Word toolbar, go to Tools (Herraminetas) > Options (Opciones) > "Show" tab (Categoría "Ver"). Here you remove the check mark for "Hidden Text" ("Texto oculto").

Now you wil only see clean text: your translation "behind you", and the source text "ahead of you".

The bilingual text is still in the document, som after you finish your translation, you still need to "Clean Up" the file.

If you need any more help, just call me. I a
... See more
Hi Anita,

On your Word toolbar, go to Tools (Herraminetas) > Options (Opciones) > "Show" tab (Categoría "Ver"). Here you remove the check mark for "Hidden Text" ("Texto oculto").

Now you wil only see clean text: your translation "behind you", and the source text "ahead of you".

The bilingual text is still in the document, som after you finish your translation, you still need to "Clean Up" the file.

If you need any more help, just call me. I am in Belgrano, Buenos Aires, phone 4784 8296.

Terje
Collapse

Rebecca Hendry
Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:45
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Change Word settings Sep 21, 2006

Hi Anita,

This is what I usually do:

1. In the Word Menu, select Tools --> Options
2. In the View tab, go to Formatting Marks and deselect Hidden Text.
3. The Word document should now show the unstranslated source text which disappears and is replaced by the target text as you translate.

Hope that helps!

Becky.

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Show the tags when editing Sep 21, 2006

After the correct suggestions offered by other colleagues, I only wanted to add that it is advisable to edit only when the tags are visible, to avoid damaging them.

The damaged tags can be repaired, but it is annoying and time consuming, so it's better avoid editing over them by mistake.
Be ready to switch between hide and show status.

bye
Gianfranco

[Edited at 2006-09-21 14:37]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:45
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... Sep 21, 2006

...to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum for any queries related to SDL Trados.

(BTW you could have found the solution by searching that forum.)

Best regards,
Ralf

Ana Brassara
Ana Brassara  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 1, 2006

I would like to thank you all for helping me. I really appreciate it.
Ana.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7.0 - How to configure to show only translated text

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »