Installing SDL TRADOS 2006 onto a 64 Bit computer
Thread poster: ST Translations
ST Translations
ST Translations
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:33
French to English
Sep 22, 2006

Does anyone know if it's possible to install SDL TRADOS 2006 on a x64 computer? Any advice would be very gratefully received!

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:33
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Which OS? Sep 22, 2006

This does not depend on x64, but on the installed OS.
Windows XP is OK.
Trados has confirmed me, that Trados does not support (officialy) Windows64. The haven´t tested this software with this 64-bit OS.

AFAIR Ralf Lemster has an AMD X64 in his PC and this works with Windows XP just fine.
My machine is Intel P950 Dual Core with Windows XP and this works fine too.

Best
Jerzy

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Depends on operating system, not processor Sep 22, 2006

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

AFAIR Ralf Lemster has an AMD X64 in his PC and this works with Windows XP just fine.
My machine is Intel P950 Dual Core with Windows XP and this works fine too.

I have an AMD 64 X2 and even that works fine with 32-bit Windows XP and SDL Trados 7.5.

HTH,
Benjamin

ST Translations
ST Translations
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:33
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
TRADOS compatability with 64 bit computer Sep 26, 2006

Hello
Thanks to all for your advice - I am now at least on the right track! Incidentally, in reply to Jerzy's question - I have 64 bit windows (I am now trying to install 32 bit Windows XP onto my computer). Thanks again for the help.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use VirtualMachine Sep 26, 2006

Virtual PC from Microsoft, to be downloaded from their homepage, instead of deinstalling Win64, which will end up with formatting your HDD.

I would be indeed very curious, if Trados DOES work with Win64. If yes, this would be a very good information. Trados cannot provide it, though, as they have not tested this configuration. And probably they never will.

Regards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installing SDL TRADOS 2006 onto a 64 Bit computer

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »