error message when trying to install Trados 7 update
Thread poster: Mary Murata
Mary Murata
Mary Murata  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:28
Japanese to English
Sep 22, 2006

I am trying to install my recently purchased update to Trados 7 from 6.5 with dongle. When I double click start.exe to begin installation I get a message saying "16 bit windows subsystem.... the system file is not suitable for running MS DOS and Microsoft windows applications" and I have the choice of Ignore or Close, but which ever I click, nothing happens.
Can anyone help??
I have emailed Trados support but I'm not optimistic that they'll get back to me very soon, what with it be
... See more
I am trying to install my recently purchased update to Trados 7 from 6.5 with dongle. When I double click start.exe to begin installation I get a message saying "16 bit windows subsystem.... the system file is not suitable for running MS DOS and Microsoft windows applications" and I have the choice of Ignore or Close, but which ever I click, nothing happens.
Can anyone help??
I have emailed Trados support but I'm not optimistic that they'll get back to me very soon, what with it being a Friday and all!!
Collapse

Olaf (X)
Olaf (X)
Local time: 16:28
English to German
Try to double-click the Trados7.msi file Sep 22, 2006

I don't know how your version is packaged (.zip or .exe), but if your version contains a Trados7.msi file you could try to double-click this file to install Trados directly.

Youl can use Winzip and extract all files to a temporary folder and execute Trados7.msi from that folder.

BTW, you'll also need to migrate your license using a customized version of MigrateDongle.exe.

My guess is that the error message is dongle related.

Olaf

... See more
I don't know how your version is packaged (.zip or .exe), but if your version contains a Trados7.msi file you could try to double-click this file to install Trados directly.

Youl can use Winzip and extract all files to a temporary folder and execute Trados7.msi from that folder.

BTW, you'll also need to migrate your license using a customized version of MigrateDongle.exe.

My guess is that the error message is dongle related.

Olaf

[Edited at 2006-09-22 20:01]
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 16:28
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
16 bit system?... Sep 22, 2006

what kind of Windows are you running? If it win 95 or similar, you may be out of luck.

regards

Vito

Mary Murata
Mary Murata  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:28
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
so far so good Sep 24, 2006

Thanks for the help!
I actually got an email from Trados support telling me how to bypass the problem. I had to install Trados 7.5 and SDLX seperately instead of at the same time.
All I need is for it to work, now (lol). I haven't tried it yet, so fingers crossed.

In case anyone needs it, here is the info I got from Trados

"Here is how you can circumvent this problem.
To install Trados 7.5, go from the folder where you ran Start.exe program to Prod
... See more
Thanks for the help!
I actually got an email from Trados support telling me how to bypass the problem. I had to install Trados 7.5 and SDLX seperately instead of at the same time.
All I need is for it to work, now (lol). I haven't tried it yet, so fingers crossed.

In case anyone needs it, here is the info I got from Trados

"Here is how you can circumvent this problem.
To install Trados 7.5, go from the folder where you ran Start.exe program to Products - Trados - TT folder and run Setup.exe.
To install SDLX 2006, go from the folder where you ran Start.exe program to Products - SDLX folder and run SDLX_2006_EN.exe. "
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

error message when trying to install Trados 7 update

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »