How to recover the "Trados [Fix document]" menu wiped off my screen by Adobe Acrobat 6.0
Thread poster: Jason Willis-Lee

Jason Willis-Lee  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:01
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 25, 2006

Hi,

I have recently installed Adobe Acrobat 6 which apparently does not get on too well with Trados6. The result is that it has wiped off the "Trados" menu from the top of my screen which includes the useful function "Fix document" when the program invariably gets stuck on a segment. I know the solution is something to do with "plantillas and complements" but could someone please advise me how to adjust this to get my Trados menu back:
When I go to Tools, Options, PLanillas/complentos the following come up.

pdfmaker.dot
Trados6.dot
pdft.word.tmpl.dot

Which of these needs to go?

Many thanks in advance,
Jason
[Spain]

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 07:01
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Do you have trados6.dot activated? Sep 25, 2006

If not, activate it and check again.

In case this is not so and you do have access to trados icon bar (i.e. Adobe really messed up the Menu, which is pretty unprobable) then it is a little complicated and I will just have a suggestion how to add that specific command to the trados icon bar.

The function is called tw4winResetDocument and you can add it as an icon anywhere. Now, because I have the German Word, I would rather not guide you through the steps. Look up on your word the subject "how to add macro functions to icon bars" or similar.

Marius Reika  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Fix doc Sep 25, 2006

Vito Smolej wrote:
The function is called tw4winResetDocument and you can add it as an icon anywhere. Look up on your word the subject "how to add macro functions to icon bars" or similar.

Cool and simple stuff. Works indeed! Thx Vito.

Marius

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to recover the "Trados [Fix document]" menu wiped off my screen by Adobe Acrobat 6.0

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs