Pamela Brizzola  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:05
Member (2004)
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 26, 2006

Hi All,
a client has sent a project to be translated in TagEditor for which he provides a set of filters for InDesign, Java, etc, for those translators using Trados 6.5 or under.
Since I use SDL Trados (version 7.5 ), I should not use the filters. Am I right?
Pamela

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Better be sure than sorry Sep 26, 2006

Since I use SDL Trados (version 7.5 ), I should not use the filters. Am I right?

Translate a short piece and send it back (in whatever form they expect deliveries) to see if THEY can handle your output.

Regards

Vito

Stefan de Boeck  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
not these filters Sep 26, 2006

Pamela Brizzola wrote:
I should not use the filters. Am I right?

You probably are.

Still: the InDesign files should have a .inx extension (interchange format) if TagEditor is to read them at all. Conversion to INX is internal (or by plug in) to InDesign, not TE.
The Java should have .properties. If they're sth like .language_properties_it you may need to simplify that extension (save as, and fill in the full name filename.properties.) TE should handle these without any glitches.

Your FileFormats.pdf will help you too.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados and filters

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs