Pamela Brizzola
Pamela Brizzola
Italy
Local time: 04:21
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 26, 2006

Hi All,
a client has sent a project to be translated in TagEditor for which he provides a set of filters for InDesign, Java, etc, for those translators using Trados 6.5 or under.
Since I use SDL Trados (version 7.5 ), I should not use the filters. Am I right?
Pamela

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Better be sure than sorry Sep 26, 2006

Since I use SDL Trados (version 7.5 ), I should not use the filters. Am I right?

Translate a short piece and send it back (in whatever form they expect deliveries) to see if THEY can handle your output.

Regards

Vito

Stefan de Boeck (X)
Stefan de Boeck (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
not these filters Sep 26, 2006

Pamela Brizzola wrote:
I should not use the filters. Am I right?

You probably are.

Still: the InDesign files should have a .inx extension (interchange format) if TagEditor is to read them at all. Conversion to INX is internal (or by plug in) to InDesign, not TE.
The Java should have .properties. If they're sth like .language_properties_it you may need to simplify that extension (save as, and fill in the full name filename.properties.) TE should handle these without any glitches.

Your FileFormats.pdf will help you too.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados and filters

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »