SDL Trados and filters
Thread poster: Pamela Brizzola

Pamela Brizzola  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:06
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 26, 2006

Hi All,
a client has sent a project to be translated in TagEditor for which he provides a set of filters for InDesign, Java, etc, for those translators using Trados 6.5 or under.
Since I use SDL Trados (version 7.5 ), I should not use the filters. Am I right?

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Better be sure than sorry Sep 26, 2006

Since I use SDL Trados (version 7.5 ), I should not use the filters. Am I right?

Translate a short piece and send it back (in whatever form they expect deliveries) to see if THEY can handle your output.

Stefan de Boeck  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
+ ...
not these filters Sep 26, 2006

Pamela Brizzola wrote:
I should not use the filters. Am I right?

You probably are.

Still: the InDesign files should have a .inx extension (interchange format) if TagEditor is to read them at all. Conversion to INX is internal (or by plug in) to InDesign, not TE.
The Java should have .properties. If they're sth like .language_properties_it you may need to simplify that extension (save as, and fill in the full name TE should handle these without any glitches.

Your FileFormats.pdf will help you too.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados and filters

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs