Mobile menu

How long does it take the Trados Support Center to get back to the customer?
Thread poster: Estefanía González

Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 27, 2006

Hi everyone,

I contacted the Trados Support Center exactly on August 21 with a problem related to Trados and Multiterm. No one from the Customer Support Center has ever got back to me either with an answer or just to get more details about the glitch.

I haven’t got any Support Agreement with Trados, but more than one month has gone by and I think it is about time that a member of the Support team had a look at my query.

Do you know if this delay is “normal” and have you got any hints on how to speed up the process?

If you have a Support Agreement with Trados, what are your views on such? Would you recommend it from your personal experience?

Thousand thanks for your help!

Estefanía

[Edited at 2006-09-27 10:14]

Direct link Reply with quote

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:25
Italian to English
Less than a day, in my case Sep 27, 2006

Hi Estefania,

I tried to get in touch with Trados support a couple of days ago and was redirected to SDL.

After submitting my query, I received an automated message to say that every attempt would be made to answer, and in the meantime would I like to take out an SDL support agreement (which is fair enough)?

I declined the offer and received a reply from a support centre operative about half a day later. We have exchanged four or five emails, in the course of which my query has been answered.

In your shoes, I would probably resubmit the query, quoting the incident number from the first submission, or even look at some of the SDL support packages.

Suerte,

Giles
PS
Actually, I noticed a distinct improvement in the Trados customer service in the months before the SDL merger ("Not difficult", I hear the Trados-bashers muttering...).

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:25
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
It is very erratic Sep 27, 2006

Hello Estefania,

It is actually completely erratic if you do not pay for a support agreement. They will then answer you IF and WHEN they have time. It can therefore so happen that someone decides to answer immediately - or maybe someone answers two months later. Without a support agreement, they do not take any actual responsibility for answering.

Last time I saw this topic discussed, several people were of the opinion that they are trying to force people to take out a paid agreement if they want any support at all, and particularly since the merger with SDL. Then someone pointed out that, humanly speaking, they are still under an obligation to answer, even if you do not have a support agreement, but there is no guarantee when....

The last time I asked them a question I got an answer 2-3 weeks later, where they simply gave me a link to one or two documents in their database and said "Hope these help."

Astrid

Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Did you receive an acknowledgement of your request? Sep 27, 2006

Dear Estefania,

Just checking with you that your request was actually received, because it has happened to me that I thought that I had sent a request, but I did not realise that the on-line support screen first shows you a screen with FAQ before double-checking that you still want to submit your question.
Once you submit your question, you will receive an automated acknowledgement within a couple of minutes. If you did not receive the acknowledgement, your question won't have been received.
I agree with Giles that SDL's technical support people are excellent. I now have a contract but I find them very reliable overall.

Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ackonwledgement received Sep 27, 2006

Hi everyone again,

I received the acknowledgment by email at the time I posted my query, and on “My Stuff” page the status remains as “unresolved”.

I have posted the query again and let’s see what happens.

Thanks for all your suggestions

Estefanía

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How long does it take the Trados Support Center to get back to the customer?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs