Anybody else with multiple Problems with Trados 7.5?
Thread poster: Alexandra Beisl
Alexandra Beisl
Alexandra Beisl  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:57
English to German
+ ...
Sep 28, 2006

I upgraded to Trados 7.5 about two months ago but soon discontinued using the software as I ran into various difficulties with it. Among the problems I encountered are:

a) Trados Crashes when translating a Word document with footnotes
b) Trados Crashes when doing concordance searches with certain words (Twin4.exe Error)
c) Word Spell Checker not working properly in TagEditor (TagEditor crashing)
d) Trados 7.5 not working with Online TMs of one of my clients (howev
... See more
I upgraded to Trados 7.5 about two months ago but soon discontinued using the software as I ran into various difficulties with it. Among the problems I encountered are:

a) Trados Crashes when translating a Word document with footnotes
b) Trados Crashes when doing concordance searches with certain words (Twin4.exe Error)
c) Word Spell Checker not working properly in TagEditor (TagEditor crashing)
d) Trados 7.5 not working with Online TMs of one of my clients (however no problem with Trados 6.5)

Because of this I am now back to using Trados 6.5 until the problems have been sorted out. Most of the problems described above are, by the way, documented on the SDL Support site, but none of the fixes offered by SDL have so far worked for me. Does anybody else share these problems. The verz reluctant SDL Support people make me feel as if I am the only one in the world with these issues.

[Darbinieka vai moderatora rediģēts virsraksts 2006-09-28 10:41]
Collapse

Arctic fox
Arctic fox
German to English
You are not alone Oct 12, 2006

yes, there are more people with multiple problems. I think 133 accesses to your question indicate that, but I find it odd that no-one else has spoken up before.
My problems have not been the same as yours, but generally we have the impression it is poorly programmed and not stable.
Let us hope there will be a good patch soon.

Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:57
English to Dutch
+ ...
Updated Trados Workbench crashes when concordance is used. Mar 25, 2007

Same here.

Thanks Alex, for your reply. It was the Trados 7 Cumulative Patch 2 that CAUSED the problem for me. I rolled back Windows to a restore point before the installation of the CP2 and all is well again.

- Marinus

[Bearbeitet am 2007-03-26 03:55]

Alexandra Beisl
Alexandra Beisl  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Trados are now offering a patch for 7.5 by the way Mar 25, 2007

Cumulative Patch 2

http://www.sdl.com/trados-support-view.htm?cntID=1677

So far it seems to have worked for me. The problems seem a lot less frequent.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anybody else with multiple Problems with Trados 7.5?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »