Error: Previous request not yet finished (no number)
Thread poster: Elinor Thomas
Elinor Thomas
Elinor Thomas  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 28, 2006

Working with Trados 7.1 on a Word file. No tag, no nothing, just plain word.

I can't open new segments because I keep getting the above message. Applied Fix Document but nothing happens.

Any hint? thanks!

Elinor

Ulrike Kraemer
Ulrike Kraemer
Germany
Local time: 15:48
English to German
+ ...
I had the same problem ... Sep 28, 2006

... when working with my laptop and using W-LAN to access a TM on my desktop computer. It happened every time the W-LAN connection between laptop and desktop broke down...

To solve it, close and re-open Trados Workbench, then close the open segment without saving (Schließen ohne Speichern) and re-open it to close/save it and move on to the next segment.

Please let me know if it works for you.

HTH
LB

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Previous request not yet finished Sep 28, 2006

Please search the forums for the error message, it has been already discussed before.

Also, I suggest asking the moderators to remove the duplicate thread.

larserik
larserik  Identity Verified
Sweden
Albanian to Swedish
Discussed yes, solved no Aug 16, 2007

Dear Hynek,
What kind of comment is that?
It has been discussed. Has it been solved? I find this discussion in several forums and nothing to help me. (I happened to solve it last time it appeared but that solution doesn't work now.)
L-E

Hynek Palatin wrote:

Please search the forums for the error message, it has been already discussed before.

Also, I suggest asking the moderators to remove the duplicate thread.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
I'm quite sure it is solved Aug 16, 2007

or at least I think I have posted the following already somwhere here:

The solution is very simple. Go to menu "Insert" (Einfügen in German), chose "Bookmark" (Textmarke in German) and remove all bookmarks, which have anything in common with Trados, ie a "tw" in their name. After you did that Word should open segments again without any problems.
Should this have happened when a segment was open, you will also have to restore the original situation manually.

Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error: Previous request not yet finished (no number)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »