Thread poster: Kathi Stock

Kathi Stock  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:48
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Sep 28, 2006

I converted framemaker files to mif files, imported them into SDLX, applied the translation memory and exported them back into the mif format...and the Chinese and Korean fonts are all garbled up. I tried to use the UTF-8 option but it doesn't make a difference. I only seem to have that problem with Far Eastern languages; if I prepare the same files for Spanish and German, there is no problem at all.

What am I doing wrong?

Direct link Reply with quote

bmann
English
font? Sep 28, 2006

Are you using a Korean font? Try Gulim or Arial Unicode MS if you have them installed. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287247

[Edited at 2006-09-29 01:31]

Kathi Stock  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Framemaker font problem Sep 29, 2006

Thanks for getting me in the right direction. I marked the garbled up text and applied Arial Unicode MS....and voila....the Chinese and Korean fonts appear just fine. So it is not a SDLX problem....it is a Framemaker font problem.

In case someone needs more information down the road:
http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/framemaker/Chinese_and_Korean_Features.pdf.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Chinese/Korean fonts garbled up after processing mif files with SDLX

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs