OnlineArabic  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:26
Member (2007)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Sep 30, 2006

Dear Friends,

Thank you all in advance!

I have a previous version of MS csv glossaries (English>Arabic), which I want to prepare for Multiterm Convert. I just want to make a source and target column, but the problem is that in this version they combined the old columns Source Term, Translation, String Category, Platform, Product into one cell separated by two commas and quotes (,,"). here is an example

Output File,,"ملف الإخراج",,"TXT",,"Windows",".NET Framework 1.1"

I tried to use the Convert text to columns Wizard in Excel, but the result was not accurate because some source texts already contained commas, and thus was splitted into two different columns when I ran the wizard. I also noticed that the last part of the cells is separated by one comma and quotes (,".NET Framework 1.1").

I just want a source column and a target column and I will convert them using Multiterm Convert Can you advise me on how to do this?

Best Regards,

Direct link Reply with quote
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:26
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Use any text editor Oct 2, 2006

Open that file in any text editor that is capable of reading text in your encoding and searching/replacing text (a good one is UniRed: or jEdit Then call the search and replace dialog and put ,," into the search field and a regular expression for tab (usually \t) into the replace field (also switch regexps on). Replace all. Import your file with tabs as field separators and remove undesired columns.

[Редактировалось 2006-10-02 07:43]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to prepare MS csv glossaries for Multiterm Convert

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs