Mobile menu

Error when cleaning up SGML files in Trados version 5
Thread poster: Nicole Martin

Nicole Martin
Local time: 20:18
German to English
Oct 2, 2006

One of my colleagues translated an SGML file in TagEditor (Trados version 5), then tried to clean it up. The log file noted five errors each for 33201 and 33203 (marks for starting and ending translation units are missing). With each error, it said it was "at offset xxxxxxx (e.g. 1010104, 1020237, etc.). Paragraph skipped!"
Then it ended with "File skipped!" and of course there is no cleaned version.

I have had this problem before with files translated in Word and know how to fix that. But I've never run into it with TagEditor before. I have no idea where the errors are (I don't know what "offset xxxxxxx" means or where that point in the file is) and I don't know how the translation unit marks could be missing. It doesn't appear TagEditor even uses those marks.
Is there a way to fix this? Or did the file just somehow get corrupted and it can't be fixed? I've tried Trados help and the Trados knowledge base, and I've looked for the same problem in these forums, but I can't find any information.
I would appreciate any information you have!
Thanks,
Nicole

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxOlaf
Local time: 02:18
English to German
You can convert the .TTX file to an .RTF file Oct 2, 2006

Hi Nicole,

You can create an .RTF version of your .TTX file in TagEditor. Simply open the .TTX file in TagEditor, press CTRL+A, followed by CTRL+C. Then create a new document in Word, paste the contents into the new Word document and save it as an .RTF file. Then clean the .RTF file into a blank TM and search the .RTF file for for text marked with tw4winError.
See http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=470 for more information.
Then open the .TTX file and fix the segment(s). If the segments seem to be OK, look for extra line breaks near segment delimters and delete them.

Olaf

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error when cleaning up SGML files in Trados version 5

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs