Thread poster: Traduziona
Traduziona
Traduziona
Italy
Local time: 06:57
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Oct 3, 2006

Hi all, I'm running trados 7.1, I just finished to translate a word doc in tageditor (it's a 5 mb file) but when I saved the .doc file all the images disappeared, the final document shows only a square with a red X. Any idea on how to solve this problem. (BTW before your reply I'm cutting/pasting)
Tks
Chicho

Stefan de Boeck (X)
Stefan de Boeck (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
html Oct 4, 2006

Chicho wrote:
when I saved the .doc file all the images disappeared, the final document shows only a square with a red X.

It's a long --HTML based-- shot, but did you move any files? Word apparently knows it should insert images, but doesn't find them.

Traduziona
Traduziona
Italy
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Embedded Images Oct 4, 2006

I will explain myself in a better way.
It's an Owner's Manual (120 pages) full of images with formatted text. Last December I translated another similar one just opening the word document with workbench.
I converted the file from .doc to .rtf (511 mb size) and workbench could not open it directly with Word; no way if I open the original document TW plus Word (when the segment gets an image, Workbench hangs up) so I used Tageditor, the result: No images
Tks
Chicho

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor and Word with embbeded image

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »