Mobile menu

Importing .xml into MultiTerm 7.0: Runtime error.
Thread poster: Rocío Cordero
Rocío Cordero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:28
English to Spanish
Oct 5, 2006

Hello everyone,

After creating a termbase from an .xdt file (previously obtained from a .xls conversion) I tried to import the new entries by loading the corresponding .xml file. Everything went OK until Step 8 where the program suddenly stopped at 95% of the import process (i.e when the program reorganises the termbase). After a while the following error message appears: -Microsoft Visual C+ + Runtime Library - Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\MultiTerm This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I tried to solve the problem by restarting the PC and uninstalling and reinstalling MultiTerm but that didn't work.

I know that this question has been answered before (http://www.proz.com/post/281026#281026) but the solution provided there does not apply to my case.

Any comments/suggestions will be welcomed!

Thanks in advance.

Rocío

Direct link Reply with quote

Stefan de Boeck  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 22:28
English to Dutch
+ ...
headers/labels Oct 5, 2006

Rocío Cordero wrote:
After creating a termbase from an .xdt file (previously obtained from a .xls conversion) I tried to import the new entries by loading the corresponding .xml file. Everything went OK until...

you have to take care the headers in the excel file are absolutely identical to the index field labels in the termbase def.

usually there's nothing else to it.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing .xml into MultiTerm 7.0: Runtime error.

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs