Thread poster: Rafal Piasta

Rafal Piasta  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 06:55
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Oct 6, 2006

Please help me. I am making a translation in TRADOS, and when I want to save the target file TRADOS informs me that there is an ERROR "Error while converting fields to Word Document" What has happened?! At the beginning everything was OK, I could see the translated file and suddanly an ERROR. What can I do? Everything is in TRADOS, and I need the document in WORD. Help me please or I'll lose my work!! I have already a terrible headache!! Please please help me! ;-( I use TRADOS 7 Freelance

[Edited at 2006-10-06 13:37]

Direct link Reply with quote

María Leonor Acevedo-Miranda  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 05:55
Member (2004)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
help Oct 6, 2006

Here's what you can do

You open again the original file and start opening segments, the translation has to be there.

Otherwise you can do : Fix document on TRADOS menu displayed on WORD programme or Alt+Ctrl+U (if that is your case)

Please tell if I could help

Poland
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes I did it in a such way. Oct 7, 2006

I started my translation from the beginning. Every translated sentence was in my workbanch base so I could perform the process again quite quickly. But when I came to the point of ERROR everything happened again. An error occured. So I deleted the last sentences and it was OK. I realised that I missed a tag or some tags. I am a beginner in TRADOS and I don't have knowledge enough about tags. But now I take care about the tags and everything is OK. A guy from Germany has helped me on a Polish forum where I asked the same question. However thank you very much Maria for your help too. Rafal

Zhengli Zhou  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:55
English to Chinese
+ ...
Try this way Oct 8, 2006

First, save the doc file as an rtf file. Then run clean-up in workbench. Now you can open the rtf file and translate.

Poland
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
why to save the file in .rtf not .doc? Oct 12, 2006

when I will choose rtf format my target translation will not be the same like in word, and what about pictures which are in the source .doc file?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS-Error while converting fields to Word Document

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs