Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:52
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Oct 12, 2006

I have a whole bunch of Powerpoint files that require translation, except for the Notes, those need to stay in the source language.
I want to use Tageditor for the project, and I want to exclude the Notes from the translation. In other words, I want Tageditor to automatically skip anything that is between the tags.
In Word, when using Workbench, I can define a charatcer style that is not translatable.
Does anyone know how to do the same thing when using Tageditor for PPT file
... See more
I have a whole bunch of Powerpoint files that require translation, except for the Notes, those need to stay in the source language.
I want to use Tageditor for the project, and I want to exclude the Notes from the translation. In other words, I want Tageditor to automatically skip anything that is between the tags.
In Word, when using Workbench, I can define a charatcer style that is not translatable.
Does anyone know how to do the same thing when using Tageditor for PPT files?
I have SDL Trados 2006.
Thanks
Katalin
Collapse

Katalin Horváth McClure
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found the solution Oct 12, 2006

After a bit of experimenting, I actually found the solution.
I edited the PowerPoint_1_0_0_0.xml file (under the TT folder in the Trados directory), and changed the attribute Default to
NoNotes

This seems to do the trick, it excludes the Notes from the wordcount when analyzing files, and also in Tageditor, they do not show up at all.

Just a note in case somebody else needs this:
First I tried to save the edited xml file under a different name a
... See more
After a bit of experimenting, I actually found the solution.
I edited the PowerPoint_1_0_0_0.xml file (under the TT folder in the Trados directory), and changed the attribute Default to
NoNotes

This seems to do the trick, it excludes the Notes from the wordcount when analyzing files, and also in Tageditor, they do not show up at all.

Just a note in case somebody else needs this:
First I tried to save the edited xml file under a different name and add the file in Translation Memory Options - Tools - Tag Settings, but that did not work.
I had to make a backup copy of the original PowerPoint_1_0_0_0.xml file, and name the modified file the same. Then, after this modification, I restarted Trados.
Collapse

Marek Buchtel
Marek Buchtel  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 03:52
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Filter settings Oct 12, 2006

Well, there is a simpler way.

In the "SDL Trados 2006 Freelance" program group, go to Filtres and select Filter Settings.
Under "PowerPoint filter settings" go to "Order of slides and shapes" and select "Exclude notes" in the first drop-down field ("Order of slides in presentation")

Regards

Marek

Katalin Horváth McClure
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great, thank you Oct 16, 2006

Marek Buchtel wrote:

Well, there is a simpler way.

In the "SDL Trados 2006 Freelance" program group, go to Filtres and select Filter Settings.
Under "PowerPoint filter settings" go to "Order of slides and shapes" and select "Exclude notes" in the first drop-down field ("Order of slides in presentation")

Regards

Marek

I see, thank you, this is easier.
Essentially doing the same thing, except this is a nicer user interface.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excluding Notes when using Tageditor for PPT files

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »