Installing Trados on a lap top
Thread poster: William Pairman

William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:39
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Oct 12, 2006

I have T7 on my PC, but there are problems with the wi-fi connections and need it on the lap top too

Apparently this is perfectly possible

So I copied the programme file onto disc and used it to install on the laptop. Went through the wizard set up, accessed the licence file and on to installation. The problem is that there is an endless series of "Couldnt find xxxxxx file", with the options abort, retry (which does nothing) or skip. However I cant have got more than 10% done and I'm continually pressing skip again and again, till I get to the point when I realise this cant be right and I abort. What am I doing wrong?

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 19:39
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Program file? Oct 12, 2006

You should load the whole package from Translation Zone, transfer the license file and then unpack and run the installation procedure from scratch. If your net connection does not work and you don't have the original zip-package there is no way, I believe.
Regards
Heinrich

Stefan de Boeck  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
installer file Oct 12, 2006

So I copied the programme file onto disc and used it to install...

Find the original "Installer files".
There should be two of them (one Trados, one MultiTerm).
You may have got rid of them after installation on your PC, but if you've still got them: try these.

(I haven't had to try this myself yet; I hope it works or that someone comes up with the right thing to do. That it should be impossible to install a copy on your laptop is out of the question.)

William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted! Oct 14, 2006

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

You should load the whole package from Translation Zone, transfer the license file and then unpack and run the installation procedure from scratch. If your net connection does not work and you don't have the original zip-package there is no way, I believe.
Regards
Heinrich

Excellent, many thanks gentlemen! I'll keep all files in future!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installing Trados on a lap top

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs