Mobile menu

Interleaf-Quicksilver docs with variant control and Trados
Thread poster: Silje2
Silje2
Local time: 13:08
German to French
+ ...
Oct 14, 2006

Does anybody know if it is possible to convert Interleaf Quicksilver documents containing attribute information for variant control with S-Tagger for Interleaf (version 6.5.5. build 438)?
I'm getting an error message "This is not a valid I-ASCII file" but I don't know if the variant control of the doc can be the reason for it.

Thank you!
Silje

[Edited at 2006-10-14 13:50]

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
AFAIK quick silver works on MAC Oct 16, 2006

Hi there, MAC / Unix coding is similar 7 bit ASCII, so you have to convert the 7Bit ASCII to 8 bit to be able to process in Trados on windows and the clean file can probably be retransformed to a 7 Bit ASCII fitting MAC. There you have it. Instead of all this workaround, you can go for heartsome tools for UNIX / MAC and do a direct job.Best Brandis

Silje2
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Interleaf QuickSilver docs (Win) and trados Oct 16, 2006

Hi Brandis,

thank you very much for your answer.
Posting my question I didn't think of the difference between Mac/Win-Systems, so I didn't mention it. Sorry!

It's a QuickSilver Win document. Normally, the conversion of these documents with S-Tagger for Interleaf is working properly. This one is containing attribute informations for a feature that in german is called "Variantensteuerung" (in my question I called it 'variant control' - in fact, I am not quiet sure, that this is the expression used in the english program version).

There are two features: version controll (for tracking changes) and the "Variantensteuerung" for managing two or several versions of a text at one time in the same document.

... and the conversion seems not to work on these documents.

(Sorry about my english!)

best regards
Dagmar

Silje2
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
conversion of interleaf files Oct 16, 2006

It worked!

The problems were due to another bug (macros)

After solving that problem, I successfully converted the file with S-Tagger for Interleaf.

I'll keep you informed, if the variant control of the translated and reconverted file will work properly!

Best regards!
Silje D.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interleaf-Quicksilver docs with variant control and Trados

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs