Trados 7/Workbench "Previous request not yet finished"
Thread poster: Sommersonne

Sommersonne  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 06:51
English to German
+ ...
Oct 16, 2006

That is what the workbench is "announcing" when I am trying to go on to the next translation segment during a normal translation process. It occures about every third or forth segment and I only manage to "save the situation" by using "Reset Document", saving the word file and then closing it, closing the workbench and starting everything again just to face the same problem three segments further down.
Plus, the segements that are giving me this message are not contained in the TM - which I have to deliver withth ecleaned files. Deadline for the project is tomorrow afternoon, I have quiet a way to go and I already even tried a Trados repair and reinstallation.

Does anybody have any idea what this is and what to do??? Help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Stefanie

Direct link Reply with quote

Sommersonne  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Okay, sorry !! Oct 16, 2006

Seems exporting and creating a new TM solved the problem (reorganising corrupted the original tm completely) !!!

Found the solution in another thread... this one can be closed...))))

Thanks anyhow!!

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:51
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Close the segment Oct 16, 2006

Close the segment you were working on. Sometimes it can´t be seen on the screen but if you scroll up or down you will find that there is a segment open, therefore, the application cannot go on to the next one.

Ulrike Kraemer
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check TRADOS forum Oct 16, 2006

If you check the Trados forum, you will find that this questions has been asked several times before. Maybe there's a solution for you in one of these threads.

Gruß,
LB

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7/Workbench "Previous request not yet finished"

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs